• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Glaring Character Defects

saangels

I once read in Benjamin Franklin's autobiography that he used to keep a daily record of his most salient character defects in an effort to work on and eventually eradicate them from his personality.  Thought that was very interesting.

Anybody want to jump in the fire with me in the name of self-actualization?  

I've been told that I act defensively and do not handle criticism well.  I know that I am hypersensitive to screaming children and yelping dogs.  Probably could be a little bit more humble sometimes, too.

I often act based on emotion rather than reason.

Likewise.  Although, I must say, I tried to counteract that defect once by acting without emotion--that is, by making decisions purely based on reason--and that didn't turn out very well either.  To get rid of the up and downs I almost flatlined, emotionally speaking.  Difficult to find a balance.  I think a lot of it has to do with what you put into your head.  When I read Ayn Rand or listen to Too $hort or Suga Free I become callous and self-centered.  When I watch Seinfeld or South Park I feel light hearted and impetuous.  When I smoke cigarettes, and nicotine flows through my bloodstream, I feel like a failure.  When I exercise the endorphins circulate in my brain and I'm happy.  Of course at the end of the day we are who we are, but there is no doubt that our personalities are flexible and somewhat within our means to control.        

Edited by saangels

Nobody ever completes the list.  I think that's the whole point.  Thomas Jefferson had sex with his slaves.  Jean Jacque Rousseau renounced his children.  That doesn't mean that these people were incompetent or void of insight. 

Edited by saangels

We just had all of our full-time staff take a personality test - The Color Code. http://www.colorcode.com/

I am usually skeptical with these types of things, but this thing nailed it... for everyone. We have found it to be pretty valuable as we work to improve internal and external communication. I'd recommend it. 

To get the detailed report, there is a cost of $40.