• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Winter Ball Prospects Worth Looking At

Second Base

I'm going to ask Chuck to create a forum that is called the Toby and Scotty Forum. The only two that will have access to that forum are those two. Maybe see if we can all view the forum but just not participate. That would be good fun. Or we could just put them in a shipping container "The Shield" style and let them settle their differences.

I'm beginning to suspect you've been banned before Toby. And please, if these message boards are so terrible then leave.

I kicked him off the boards for polluting the Borenstein thread with baseless accusations of anti Semitism. I just suspended his account again simply because he cannot have a reasonable discussion with anyone concerning his brother.

Please go on with the prospect discussion, I think we've spent an inordinate amount of time on one player while giving very little discussion of the other prospects.

I kicked him off the boards for polluting the Borenstein thread with baseless accusations of anti Semitism. I just suspended his account again simply because he cannot have a reasonable discussion with anyone concerning his brother.

Please go on with the prospect discussion, I think we've spent an inordinate amount of time on one player while giving very little discussion of the other prospects.

It's the same guy insulting him or his brother every time. 

Shane, go back and read it, Scotty is not insulting Zach he just doesn't see him as the second coming of Mike Trout. Hell he even compared him to Daniel Nava, you know the guy that starts in left field for the World Series Champions, and that wasn't good enough for Toby. For me the last straw was when Toby decided in a thread that had nothing to do with Zach that Scotty was talking shit about Zach when he was stating that Grant Green wasn't non athletic like a corner outfielder. Toby just wants to start shit and frankly I think most of us are over it. Its sad because the guy knows baseball and it would be amazing to have that kind of resource as it relates to one of our future players.

I agree with Stradling.  Toby wants his brother to do well and wants everyone to have nothing but nice things to say, great comparisons to make, etc.  But we've all gone through the recent Angel prospects that were ranked extremely high (Wood, Mathis, McPherson) and have watched as they had great minor league stats that didn't pan out.  That has made many of us skeptical of prospects until they actually A) make it to the majors, and B) do something worth staying at the MLB level.  Toby seemed to believe that Zach would become the next Jason Giambi circa his MVP years (not sure why I am using him as a comp.) and any dissenting view, even if it was just devils advocate, was met with resentment.  I'm sure that some posters were annoyed with Toby and maybe fueled the fire with some comments, but that is going to happen and who could blame them.

I will say reading the blow-ups was entertaining, like watching someone meltdown in public or watching a couple you don't know fight, but it isn't necessary or conducive to keeping threads on topic.

Edited by HaloEnglebertHumperdink

Shane, I just reread what he posted and I have zero issue with anything he said. He wasn't rude he even said if he is stagnant it would be through no fault of his own. Are we all suppose to just bob the knob of the guy because his brother tells us too? Everyone on this board has said they hope he does well and that they are excited about him. If Scotty says something constructive about him Toby immediately goes off the deep end. It's ridiculous.

Shane, go back and read it, Scotty is not insulting Zach he just doesn't see him as the second coming of Mike Trout. Hell he even compared him to Daniel Nava, you know the guy that starts in left field for the World Series Champions, and that wasn't good enough for Toby. For me the last straw was when Toby decided in a thread that had nothing to do with Zach that Scotty was talking shit about Zach when he was stating that Grant Green wasn't non athletic like a corner outfielder. Toby just wants to start shit and frankly I think most of us are over it. Its sad because the guy knows baseball and it would be amazing to have that kind of resource as it relates to one of our future players.

Ya Toby actually had some insightful posts. It's too bad he couldn't keep it civil when it came to discussing his brother.

Regardless of who is at fault, I'm really looking forward to discussing prospects again.  

One guy I'd really like to talk about, Michael Roth.  He was sitting 88 in college with a decent change and when we saw him up the in the majors he was pumping 91-92 consistently without a great deal of effort.  At first I figured it may have been because he was amped and they were shorter outings, but as the season when on, he was still throwing that hard, even in the minors.  

Does anyone know of a mechanical adjustment that may have taken place perhaps?  I love his mechanics, fastball and change up.  I think if he can develop a strong bite on his braking ball he could develop into a legit #4/5 starter.  And I don't think enough has been said about a guy that wasn't thought of too highly in scouting circles, jumped straight to AA and wasn't a complete disaster in his first year as a pro.  

If he does develop into a back-end starter, it may not be long at all, a year perhaps. Regardless, I'm excited about the possibilities and hope for his sake they keep him the hell away from Salt Lake.  

Regardless of who is at fault, I'm really looking forward to discussing prospects again.  

One guy I'd really like to talk about, Michael Roth.  He was sitting 88 in college with a decent change and when we saw him up the in the majors he was pumping 91-92 consistently without a great deal of effort.  At first I figured it may have been because he was amped and they were shorter outings, but as the season when on, he was still throwing that hard, even in the minors.  

Does anyone know of a mechanical adjustment that may have taken place perhaps?  I love his mechanics, fastball and change up.  I think if he can develop a strong bite on his braking ball he could develop into a legit #4/5 starter.  And I don't think enough has been said about a guy that wasn't thought of too highly in scouting circles, jumped straight to AA and wasn't a complete disaster in his first year as a pro.  

If he does develop into a back-end starter, it may not be long at all, a year perhaps. Regardless, I'm excited about the possibilities and hope for his sake they keep him the hell away from Salt Lake.  

When Roth was pitching in the college world series, the commentator made a remark about all the innings Roth was being asked to pitch. I don't remember the amount, but i do remember thinking that his coach was risking injury to a young pitcher. Possibly those innings wore his arm down, resulting in the drop in velocity.