• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rural CO voted to secede

nate

I enjoyed my short stay in Colorado this late summer. People all seemed friendly enough and some of those small towns had great family run restaurants that looked like they hadn't seen a remodel since the late 40's. Of course I stopped to talk not just charge on through like most people do and only see the world from a bug splattered windshield.

I enjoyed my short stay in Colorado this late summer. People all seemed friendly enough and some of those small towns had great family run restaurants that looked like they hadn't seen a remodel since the late 40's. Of course I stopped to talk not just charge on through like most people do and only see the world from a bug splattered windshield.

You mean, they're not all bigots who shoot gays and black people for sport?

The way they vote tells me all I need to know.

I would definitely avoid it.  The pump was broken and wouldn't take credit cards so I had to go inside.  I went inside and paid cash, when I came back in for change the guy finished his conversation with his buddy about his assault rifle before annoyingly gave me the 10 dollars in change I was owed.

The restaurant was more like a diner, they pretty much just ignored us other than to bring us our food and take our money.

What is the surprise, did you expect them to vote to fail?

Clearly, these are the things that are causing this country to fail.

There wouldn't be civil unions for gay couples, legal recreational marijuana, new renewable energy standards, or limits on ammunition magazines.

I'm sure they would still gladly accept the millions of dollars in farm subsidy they get every year.

If all things were equal and they could sell competitively to whomever the wanted at the price that was fair, most farm subsidies wouldn't be needed.  I'm sure as you spend more time out where you are at you may well come to the same conclusion.  Once the government began to get involved in farming, regulating farming, saying what could be grown where and all the other crap farmers are forced to do, hell yes it's not so easy.

Small farms would have zero chance nowadays without subsidies and government regulation. Fact. Without subsidies they'd lose money every season. Without regulation the big companies would eat them alive. It's not 1925 anymore.

For the record I oppose both regulation and subsidies.

This is not true.  The company I work for is a ag based co-op.  Small farmers and larger farmers sell to us and get the same fees.  Business is business, both small and big can co-exist together.  It happens in most other business models.  The biggest threat to small farmers are the draconian inheritance taxes.

Yes, in most other business models small companies get eaten by large corporations when they don't receive subsidies because they can't get their prices as low. If there was no one telling people what to charge large corporations would charge less until all their competitors were gone. See: www.walmart.com

Well, I guess if one gas station/restaurant is bad the whole damn county has to be. Good call, Nate, I will avoid Julesburg the next time I am in the area.

If you make that kind of extrapolation for the urban areas of LA, Chicago or Detroit it's called racism.  But as long as the people with guns are white and live in the country, it's cool.