• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves secure public funding for new stadium

nate

Well I was wrong about the freeways, although I still think shuttering a 20 year old stadium is a bad precedent for taxpayers.

Although I do think it's interesting that with all the talk of downtown stadiums, a team has chosen suburban freeway access over a sexy location / skyline. That's certainly an asset in Anaheim.

The 75/85 though downtown is horrible. Its just as bad as the 91 during rush hour.

it's got to be pretty bad then, because I've done the 91 thing on Monday mornings back from Redlands (mostly a year ago), and it's freaking FORTY minutes just to get the SIX miles through Corona!

Whoever built all of those homes south of the 91 along the 15 should be banished to a deserted island, because there is NO OTHER WAY to get to work in Orange County for people living there other than going south to the 74 and to the coast and then back up the 5 fwy! 

Did you read the map? The people that live south of Turner field now have to drive further and completely across town. I am sure they aren't happy.

Don't make me go LT on your azzz B)

Yep, read the map.  And I'm from metro Atlanta, so I know the area.  :)  Point is, there are more people going to Braves games who live closer to the new area--and, back to your analogy, the distance for people who live south of Turner Field is still less than it would be from Anaheim to Rancho.

Yep, read the map.  And I'm from metro Atlanta, so I know the area.  :)  Point is, there are more people going to Braves games who live closer to the new area--and, back to your analogy, the distance for people who live south of Turner Field is still less than it would be from Anaheim to Rancho.

How about Corona? Happy?

It was built for the Olympics as a multipurpose stadium then retrofitted for baseball. It is, by most of the article comments, located in a lousy area with no real public access or parking.

The only way the Braves could get a new ballpark (and if you ever went to a game at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium you understood the need for one) was to get the sections of the park that would later go down the baselines built into the main stadium for the 1996 Olympics. If you look at the Olympic Stadium you can see the outer brick facade of what would become Turner Field in one of the corners. When the Olympics ended they tore down what wasn't needed for the ballpark and built the missing pieces.

Atlantaolympicstadium.JPG

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan