• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Ortiz is on the juice

KingJustinian

Hamilton was on the juice in Texas. But now that he's gotten his last big contract, no reason to do it anymore. He gets paid regardless of his poor level of play. He looked like he lost at least 20 lbs in the offseason. Pretty obvious he was on something.

Hamilton said he was going to "bulk up" this offseason and come into Spring training like he did the previous years with the Rangers. So I'm hoping that means he goes on a special kind of juice diet

You don't lose 20 pounds of muscle in a matter of months unless you have some serious wasting condition.

that's actually not true at all. 

If someone was on a regimen of a high calorie diet with workouts that were geared toward muscle building (on top of potentially taking PEDs) and that was necessary to maintain a certain weight for that person base on their body habitus, they could easily lose 20+ pounds in a matter of 4-5 months no problem.   Football players do it all the time. 

If someone was on a regimen of a high calorie diet with workouts that were geared toward muscle building (on top of potentially taking PEDs) and that was necessary to maintain a certain weight for that person base on their body habitus, they could easily lose 20+ pounds in a matter of 4-5 months no problem. Football players do it all the time.

This

I'm not saying hamilton didn't use peds, but the 'he lost weight' argument is not at all evidence. Losing 20 pounds over. 4 month off season wouldn't be hard for a 30 year old that ate right. You could drop ten in a month with a simple change in diet and upping your cardio.

Gaining weight is a lot harder than losing it.

This

I'm not saying hamilton didn't use peds, but the 'he lost weight' argument is not at all evidence. Losing 20 pounds over. 4 month off season wouldn't be hard for a 30 year old that ate right. You could drop ten in a month with a simple change in diet and upping your cardio.

Gaining weight is a lot harder than losing it.

especially for rich professional athletes with pretty much unlimited resources for diet and training. 

It's a little harder to lose weight when your body fat is at 6%. Hamilton wasn't a fat guy who started eating healthy and exercising. He was an athlete who stopped eating healthy.

I don't think he was on steroids. But the weight loss is being characterized as easy and I disagree with that.

Edited by HaloMagic

If someone was on a regimen of a high calorie diet with workouts that were geared toward muscle building (on top of potentially taking PEDs) and that was necessary to maintain a certain weight for that person base on their body habitus, they could easily lose 20+ pounds in a matter of 4-5 months no problem.   Football players do it all the time. 

That degree of catabolism is certainly possible if you're starving yourself. I should have clarified that my comment was meant to address the notion that simply ceasing steroid use results in rapid muscle loss. If Hamilton really did lose 20 pounds of muscle then it doesn't have anything to do with PEDs or a lack thereof.

It's a little harder to lose weight when your body fat is at 6%. Hamilton wasn't a fat guy who started eating healthy and exercising. He was an athlete who stopped eating healthy.

I don't think he was on steroids. But the weight loss is being characterized as easy and I disagree with that.

Yeah, that's a very fair point.

But, to be fair, if he went from being a weight lifter to some kind of p90x type guy, stopped taking his protein etc, I could still see it.