• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers want to trade Matt Kemp

kevinb

Is kemp better than hamilton?

At least hamilton did it big for more than one year...and its not like it would be a salary dump...

Matt Kemp's had several years of good offensive production. The issue is that his shoulder injury has affected his ability to hit and likely sapped his power. It wouldn't surprise me if it was permanent.

Matt Kemp's had several years of good offensive production. The issue is that his shoulder injury has affected his ability to hit and likely sapped his power. It wouldn't surprise me if it was permanent.

This plus he is much better suited to being a corner OFer.

It will be interested who the Dodgers end up moving and if they eat any $$

he's got 6/128 left for his 29-34yo seasons. 

hamilton has 4/106 left for his 33-36yo seasons.

granted if his medical reports came back that his shoulder injury was something that would permanently affect his ability  then forget it, but if it was something that would heal, I'd much rather have Matt. 

doesn't matter anyway.  If the dogs are going to trade kemp, it's gonna be a salary dump. 

he's got 6/128 left for his 29-34yo seasons.

hamilton has 4/106 left for his 33-36yo seasons.

granted if his medical reports came back that his shoulder injury was something that would permanently affect his ability then forget it, but if it was something that would heal, I'd much rather have Matt.

doesn't matter anyway. If the dogs are going to trade kemp, it's gonna be a salary dump.

I'm sure that if we send Hamilton and about $75M they'll listen.

I remember when it was up to debate whether or not Eithier would even get offered an extension past his FA years.  

With how bad the Angels FA signings have been.  The Dogs have:

Crawford:  .736 OPS, 4 years/$82.5 million

Eithier:  .783 OPS, 4 years/$71.5 million

Kemp:  .723 OPS, 6 years/$130 million

Still doesn't match up to Pujols.  But the Dogs will have a tough time like the Angels in hitting the eject button.

Stradling -- No one here on this board was excited when we got Vernon Wells............

almost everyone here felt it was another GMJ type signing which was also highly criticized here.

today's LA Times has s listing of the top free agents available and their price tag(s).......Ervin Santana is listed at something ridiculous -- $75 million over 4 or 5 years.........

I'd shy away from most of the ones asking for top dollar........let them wait it out and see the market plummet.

Ricky Nolasco is on the list......yes, he won something like 8 games down the stretch and was a very good pick up for the Dogs (and many of us here said so at the time) -- but that was for a rental  gig and the flyer taken was well worth it..........not sure if he's what was guesstimated as his 'value' in today's LA Times.......besides, Nolasco, after his string of wins down the stretch seemed to fade in the last month and was not really used as a starter in the playoffs...........

Makes sense that they'd try to rid themselves of Crawford, Ethier, or Kemp. Joc Pederson would probably be an upgrade over all three of them. Certainly over Crawford and Ethier. Kemp still has a high ceiling, but injuries are starting to derail his career. Grady Sizemore 2.0.

Edited by Toby Ziegler