• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brian McCann

wopphil

Angels had 5 picks in 1st round 3 years ago. None of which have contributed to this team to date. 3 of which look like they are total busts.

Ya, let's concentrate our efforts on never losing a draft pick.

It's not like the NFL where that pick can contribute right away.

This team can worry about rebuilding when Pujols is 40 and using a cane to get to the batters box. Until then, you reload.

If you came to me and said we should sign McCann as a priority this offseason and because of that signing we would have less resources to commit to pitching, I would wonder where you've been for the last two years. 

ie, if we have a chance to get Tanaka and we sign McCann instead, I'm gonna freak out

Whatever resources this team has needs to be spent on pitching first and foremost. 

If by the off chance JD is able to bring in two starters - one of which is a #2/3 as well as revamping the pen by using Aybar/Kendrick, bourjos and Trumbo at a minimum of expense, and Arte is still willing to spend some more money to improve the team, then by all means, go out and get McCann. 

oh and trout better damn well get an extension before this too

Getting McCann and hoping that offsets leaving Tommy Hanson in the rotation?  I'm gonna start looking for Punxsutawney Phil

Edited by Dochalo

You guys act like Tanaka will be a pretty easy acquisition. Yanks are going hard after Tanaka. CC is showing decline and they need a starter as bad as we do. I am willing to bet the Yanks bid a much higher posting fee than we do. Therefore, plan B

are you assuming that we are also making several trades to acquire pitching as well?

then I agree McCann would be a nice pickup if the above is satisfied. 

If they put duct tape over the holes again, I'm not on board. 

I agree on the duct tape comment. I think you can get valuable young cheap pitching with upside for guys like Trumbo, Kendrick/Aybar, Bourjos. Then, signing McCann answers the loss offensively in the guys you have traded for said pitching.

i'm not operating under the conclusion that the angels will get tanaka. i'm not totally convinced that they'll put a legitimate bid on him either. scouting is part of the decision making process and not representative of the conclusion. the angels could easily have decided he's not worth a 150 million dollars.

i am absolutely certain that the angels need to replenish a virtually barren farm system. giving away 1st round draft picks for any of this years QO free agents would be a massive mistake.

i'd like to see carlos ruiz brought in.

Trumbo is overvalued tremendously and Iannetta is undervalued tremendously.

by who?  how do you know what other teams value these guys at?  I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by what Trumbo gets us. Jerry's specialty is trading a known quantity for one that is somewhat unknown (to the rest of us).