• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Board Libs - MIA

Drone strike #2.  

Wrong about what?  I didn't even take a stand on anything.

Well we can start with wrong thread for the Drone strike comment. See, not even taking a stand you shoot yourself in the foot. Like to help you with this predicament but it just looks like you are doomed to being wrong.

Well we can start with wrong thread for the Drone strike comment. See, not even taking a stand you shoot yourself in the foot. Like to help you with this predicament but it just looks like you are doomed to being wrong.

Ummm....I am well aware that this is a different thread.  I saw that you were active on the other thread, so I assumed that you'd get the reference.  Big mistake on my part.    

I asked an honest, well-intended sociological question: why do people mock each other on political message boards?  What do they have to gain from the experience?

I know that I used to do it in 2004 because I had a boring job that forced me to sit at a computer all day.  Is that why you guys do it?  

By the way, Notti, I noticed that you didn't post anything on the other thread, though you were active in reading peoples' responses.  I'm dying to hear about your secret liberal fancy--because there are so many, I'm sure.  It's only a matter of which one to pick...

Edited by saangels

Well, Chad, as much as you would like to delve into my secret liberal fantasies, you can't since I really have none. I post pretty much everything straight up here when there is a straight question to be answered. What side of the political line it falls upon is up to others to determine.

Well, Chad, as much as you would like to delve into my secret liberal fantasies, you can't since I really have none. I post pretty much everything straight up here when there is a straight question to be answered. What side of the political line it falls upon is up to others to determine.

What a shock.  You vote down the line without batting an eye, just checking off every R on the ballot. 

Needless to say this comes as a great surprise to me.  Of all the hair-splitting, critical thinking, open minded, contemporary sages of our time, who would have thought--Eric Notti, an unwavering partisan!

Edited by saangels

"Did I say I voted down a party line?"

You pretty much implied it when you said that I couldn't delve into your secret liberal fantasies because you "really have none."  But please, share with us all the last time you voted against the grain.  You can do it in this thread or the other thread--but for Christ's sake stop talking about it and just go on the record all ready.    

By not having any secret liberal fantasies it would mean I don't have secrets about where I stand on issues. So when I choose one issue or the other it is not party line orientated. I think we touched on this on the question of motivation of teens to use firearms in commissions of crime. I don't like packaging things in simple sound bites and then applying them as a rule for any alike situation.

But let's go with your inquisitive desires to see a multilayered opinion that starts on one side of the conservative spectrum but then crosses over into the liberal. How about guns?

All for the right to bear arms and think that any citizen qualified should be able to purchase both firearms and ammunition to their hearts content.

Qualified is anyone of legal age with no history of mental defect or criminal past.

On the other hand I do not feel the general population is responsible enough to be entrusted with military grade weaponry and calibers such as the Barrett M82. There is no need for extended clips and rifles, SMGs or pistols that have an automatic fire setting.

I believe that removal of guns from the population is not gun control and should never be allowed through congress as a bill. 

I do believe registration and a license, similar to applying for a drivers license, should be required so that the purchaser is trained in all aspects of gun safety. Classes must be attended and a passing test score both written and physical demonstration before a license is issued.

I do not believe you need a gun safe at home, that the storage and safety precaution you choose should fit your lifestyle. If you have kids you need gun locks, if you don't then put them in your dresser if you think that is a safe zone to leave a loaded firearm for personal protection.

Still not convinced on the concealed carry issue if it is a good or bad idea.

So we are bouncing back and forth here between gun control advocacy on the liberal side and personal freedoms on the conservative/NRA side.

Satisfied?

By not having any secret liberal fantasies it would mean I don't have secrets about where I stand on issues. So when I choose one issue or the other it is not party line orientated. I think we touched on this on the question of motivation of teens to use firearms in commissions of crime. I don't like packaging things in simple sound bites and then applying them as a rule for any alike situation.

But let's go with your inquisitive desires to see a multilayered opinion that starts on one side of the conservative spectrum but then crosses over into the liberal. How about guns?

All for the right to bear arms and think that any citizen qualified should be able to purchase both firearms and ammunition to their hearts content.

Qualified is anyone of legal age with no history of mental defect or criminal past.

On the other hand I do not feel the general population is responsible enough to be entrusted with military grade weaponry and calibers such as the Barrett M82. There is no need for extended clips and rifles, SMGs or pistols that have an automatic fire setting.

I believe that removal of guns from the population is not gun control and should never be allowed through congress as a bill. 

I do believe registration and a license, similar to applying for a drivers license, should be required so that the purchaser is trained in all aspects of gun safety. Classes must be attended and a passing test score both written and physical demonstration before a license is issued.

I do not believe you need a gun safe at home, that the storage and safety precaution you choose should fit your lifestyle. If you have kids you need gun locks, if you don't then put them in your dresser if you think that is a safe zone to leave a loaded firearm for personal protection.

Still not convinced on the concealed carry issue if it is a good or bad idea.

So we are bouncing back and forth here between gun control advocacy on the liberal side and personal freedoms on the conservative/NRA side.

Satisfied?

You're pretty much taking a less extremist conservative stance on an issue and trying to make it sound progressive and liberal; but I'll take it.  It's probably the best answer I'm going to get, and I don't want to argue anymore.  

As usual, and I say this with the utmost sincerity, I appreciate the time that you took to express your views, but I don't really think that we are on the same page, nor will we ever be.    

Edited by saangels

man, there were some dandies back in the day. the pol forum used to be the main attraction.

who could ever forget lth wanting his neighbor to pay more taxes (or something like that) because he drove a bmw

yk9000 used that LTH BMW reference countless times.  Those days were spirited.