• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Santana looking 5 years/100 million, Nolasco looking for 5 years/80 million

jshep

I would say these guys are worth half of their asking price.

That is what they would have gotten just 4-5 years ago, assuming same stats and years of service by then. 

The BIGGEST by far jump in salaries the past 4-5 years is in that level below that of All-Star caliber.

All-Stars' salaries haven't exploded like the mid-range players' salaries have.

With the increased tv deals and revenue sharing, more and more teams now have that extra cash to acquire the support players like Santana and Nolasco.   Those teams know that they need depth to go with a few All-Stars, if they are going to win today.    Look at the 2013 Red Sux. 

It's created an atmosphere, where those non-All-Stars can still get paid All-Star salaries.

This is especially why I'm hoping that we are through trading good pitching prospects away for a few years, because they have become so valued.

Edited by Angel Oracle

You just know that they're going to say that his off-season workout was amazing and that he's in the best shape of his MLB career.

He going to be our #3.

I'll lay money that at least during spring training, Blanton is projected for the rotation. God help us if he does well in March. The FO will decide that they have found the answer because he fanned a bunch of guys projected for AA ball, then April will hit and the balls will start flying out of the Big A.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

There's no chance Blanton is in the rotation Opening Day. If an injury or 2 or 3 happens, I can maybe see it.

I'm guessing they try him in the bullpen in mop up work to start the year to see if he turned it around or not. If he does well, then you have a super expensive long reliever. If he sucks, then release him.

I swear to god if either of these guys gets anything close to this I'm going to kill myself. It's going to destroy the pitching market for years

I hear ya, but it seems that we say that every year and every year some team comes along and foolishly raises the stakes. 

Edited by Jim

There's no chance Blanton is in the rotation Opening Day. If an injury or 2 or 3 happens, I can maybe see it.

I'm guessing they try him in the bullpen in mop up work to start the year to see if he turned it around or not. If he does well, then you have a super expensive long reliever. If he sucks, then release him.

I say he doesn't make it out of spring training.