• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hot Stove Trade Speculation: The Complete Reboot

Yep. Because of our OF depth and the Cardinals losing potentially losing Beltran, moving Craig to RF and having Adams at 1B, I could totally see us trading Aybar and Bourjos for the likes of a Shelby Miller.

Im totally sure that the folks at CardinalsWin could see the Angels trading Trout for Lance Lynn and Pete Kozma and 3 players to be named later, too.

because Bourjos is on the halos, replaceable and we want shelby miller. 

I am not sure if there has ever been one time where someone on Angelswin has predicted the exact players to be exchanged in a trade. 

I think someone had Gary Matthews Jr. to the Mets for a bucket of balls but Stokes showed up empty handed.

What makes Bourjous any more valuable than Jay?  In a significant way?

I would say Bourjos' defense is superior. Their offense is probably in the same ballpark to be honest and Jay might have a very slight edge there. You also have to realize that the Cardinals could simply turn around and trade Jay for something else they might need to contend (bullpen maybe?) or simply flip him for prospects and make their farm system even richer?

I get your point but Jay would become a tradeable asset. In fact the Cards could simply have a Jon Jay trade lined up once they have consummated an Angels deal.

Or it simply could not happen because, like you said, the Cards don't see the added value.

because Bourjos is on the halos, replaceable and we want shelby miller. 

I am not sure if there has ever been one time where someone on Angelswin has predicted the exact players to be exchanged in a trade. 

Just for the record Doc I'm not trying to actively prognosticate, I'm simply trying to point out that there are multiple avenues that the Angels might be able to improve through.

This whole series is just pointing out targets of possible interest to the casual readers. Not everyone has heard of Matthew Wisler or Marcus Stroman for instance.

Dd somebody seriously suggest the Rays have little leverage with Price because the league know they are going to move him?

I wonder if that poster realizes there are 29 other teams in the league. It just takes two for a totally arms race to go down in pursuit of securing the only proven top of the rotation starter.

The Rays will land more than they did for Shields if they trade Price. That is more than the Angels can offer.

Just for the record Doc I'm not trying to actively prognosticate, I'm simply trying to point out that there are multiple avenues that the Angels might be able to improve through.

This whole series is just pointing out targets of possible interest to the casual readers. Not everyone has heard of Matthew Wisler or Marcus Stroman for instance.

that certainly wasn't directed at you.  in fact, I enjoy these discussions immensely.  Just because we don't know what will happen doesn't mean we can't talk about it or speculate to our hearts desire.  that's why I don't get proclamations of doom and gloom etc.  If they suck in 2014 like they did in 2013, sure it will be a bummer, but realistically, so what.  It's just baseball. 

It'd be nice if we actually developed AND KEPT our own pitchers.

Outside of Weaver, who was the last starting pitcher developed by this org who pitched well for the Halos? Lackey, who debuted ELEVEN years ago!

You are definitely right about the development part AO and that is why we drafted so many pitchers in last years draft. Part of our deficiency can be solved through savvy trades this off season but it is better to develop your own starters and fill in the holes through trade and free agency rather than relying on what is available in the market each year. I think Dipoto is well aware of our situation and is taking the appropriate steps to mitigate future needs.