• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My dream scenario

Stradling

for this off season goes something like this.  We win the bid for Tanaka, we trade Aybar for Lance Lynn or one of those arms that can be a solid 3 or 4.  We sign Smith and the Beard for the bullpen.  Burnett comes back healthy, as does Pujols.  We trade Trumbo to SD in a package for Headley.  This gives us a solid rotation, and a better bullpen.  It gives us a much needed third baseman. It lets us go with Trout, Peter and Hamilton in the OF with Calhoun as the DH/Back up 1st baseman.  If we don't get Tanaka then we move Howie to get another Starter and go with Green at 2nd. 

Rotation:

Weaver

Wilson

Tanaka/Lynn

Lynn/Arm from Howie Trade

Richards

Headley and Luebke for Trumbo, Bourjos, Lindsey.

Trade Ianetta to Blue Jays for prospect(s)

sign Kurt Suzuki and Grady Sizemore as 4th OF. Sign Tanaka and JP Howell.

1. Trout CF

2. Headley 3b

3. Pujols 1b

4. Hamilton DH

5. Kendrick 2b

6. Calhoun RF

7. Aybar SS

8. Conger C

9. Shuck LF

Suzuki, Green, Jimenez, Sizemore

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Tanaka

4. Luebke

5. Richards

Frieri

De La Rosa

Burnett

Howell

Jepsen

Kohn

Williams

Edited by SigBaby

I agree with most of what you say.  However, I just can't see us getting Tanaka if the Yankees and Dodgers are in on him as well.  I also think I would take Nathan on a two year deal over The Beard.  If Tanaka isn't signed here then Trumbo + another position player has to fetch a young starting pitcher.

Edited by tomsred

damn.  I thought this was posted in the wrong forum at first.  oh well.  My dream 'angels off season 2014' scenario

Sign Trout to a long term deal

Sign Tanaka

Trade for Shelby Miller with Aybar

Sign Joe Smith and Joe Nathan

Trade Ianetta for a pen arm

Trade Trumbo for Martin Prado and David Holmberg

Calhoun

Prado

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Kendrick

Conger

Bourjos

Romine

Weaver

Tanaka

Wilson

Miller

Richards

Nathan

Frieri

Smith

DDLR

Burnett

player in Ianetta trade

Williams

Field

Shuck

Molina

That would be an excellent off-season.  In fact, if that were to happen, I believe expectations would and should be high...like division champs high.

However, I dont see the team winning the Tanaka sweepstakes nor do I see a Trumbo/Headley swap.  I dont think Trumbo's power translated well to that park and the Padres may not want that deal.

Smith and the beard for the pen is a must (or Balfour) and I think the Lynn for Aybar trade is doable.

I hope that what you said comes to fruition.  Well, even if 2/3rds to half happened, that would still be a solid off-season.

And, please stop the Aybar for Miller talk.  That is non-sensical.  That is not nearly enough value in Aybar to get Miller straight-up, so even suggesting it is fantasy.

Edited by Hoops McCann

That would be an excellent off-season.  In fact, if that were to happen, I believe expectations would and should be high...like division champs high.

However, I dont see the team winning the Tanaka sweepstakes nor do I see a Trumbo/Headley swap.  I dont think Trumbo's power translated well to that park and the Padres may not want that deal.

Smith and the beard for the pen is a must (or Balfour) and I think the Lynn for Aybar trade is doable.

I hope that what you said comes to fruition.  Well, even if 2/3rds to half happened, that would still be a solid off-season.

And, please stop the Aybar for Miller talk.  That is non-sensical.  That is not nearly enough value in Aybar to get Miller straight-up, so even suggesting it is fantasy.

You can keep Lynn. Lynn is the young version of Westbrook and Blanton. It looks like he has the same "diet" as Blanton. 

That's where I'm at too scott. To be honest, depending on the price, if we fail in grabbing tanaka I'd be in for both hudson and arroyo. If the rough annual salary would be similar to tanaka and vargas, and we don't get tanaka...

Either way, we NEED two SP's, and the hard part is one has to be a very good 3 at worst.

We definetely have our work cut out for us.

And you need to please stop with the Aybar for Lynn talk.  It would take way more than just Lynn to get Aybar.  It would take Lynn, one of your proven relievers and a prospect.  Even suggesting Aybar for Lynn straight-up is a fantasy.

Lynn is a #4 at best.

Edited by Jim B

My dream scenario.

Sign Tanaka

Sign Wilson

Sign Stephen Drew

Trade Aybar, Cowart, and Bourjos to STL for Miller/Martinez and Siegrist

Trade Trumbo and Iannetta to MIA for Conley and Cishek.

Trade Howie and Jepson/Kohn to TOR for Janssen and a pitching prospect.

Bullpen-

CL- Wilson

SU- Janssen

SU- Cishek

RP- Frieri

RP- Siegrist

RP- DDLR

RP- Burnett

RP- Williams

Rotation-

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Tanaka

4. Miller/Martinez

5. Richards/Conley

Lineup-

C- Conger

1B- Pujols

2B- Lindsey

SS- Drew

3B- Green

LF- Calhoun

CF- Trout

RF- Hamilton

DH- Lucho/Cron/Shuck

Jays trade package mentioned above: Iannetta (5), Kendrick (9), Blanton (8) for Mark Buehrle (19), Sergio Santos (4), and Izturis (3).

They could also throw in a prospect like CJ Cron to make it happen. What that does is give the Jays a C and 2B plus a salary dump in Blanton and we take back 27 M in Salaries for 2014 plus the same amount in 2015.