• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Both LA Teams are in on Price

HBMike

Perhaps but I highly doubt it. Regardless, somebody will offer top prospects that will best such a proposed offer from the Angels. The Rays simply can't add payroll.

Howie's 2-year deal and what Trumbo's making, comparing to David Price ... They're saving money. 

"Both LA teams are interested in acquiring David Price from the Rays. The Angelsmay have a slight edge because they can put together package with bats like Mark Trumbo and Howie Kendrick while the Dodgers have an overstocked rotation. "

This means the payroll is not an issue. Clearly they are willing to go over the luxury tax, if they are willing to make this trade. 

LOL.  All it means, is the Angels would trade the core and some prospects for Price.  Only to have Price sign with the Dodgers or Yankees in two years and all we get is a draft pick.  

I can see it now.  

Angels:  David, we are committed to winning.  

Price:  Like you were committed to winning with Greinke and not matching the Dodgers offer?

Angels:  Well there is the Competitive Balance Tax to deal with.

Price:  So you have a monetary limit to winning?

Angels:  We are committed to winning.

Price:  So about that contract Ned.  

It would likely take something like Trumbo, Bourjos, Borenstein, Lindsey, and maybe even Morin to get Price.

They ain't taking on Kendrick's $9 million/ season.

How do you know this? 9 million a season and shedding Price's salary is saving them a ton. It allows them to move Zobrist to RF as well. 

So basically, we trade an arm and a leg for a guy who won't re-sign here anyway. Sounds like a plan. 

Well, you have no clue if he would sign here or not but he would be under control for a couple of years so it really wouldn't be that bad. 

Just really depends what the Rays are looking for. If they have interest in Howie and/or Trumbo I could see how a deal could get done here. Obviously, just like any other rumor, it is unlikely. 

Kendrick is under contract for two more seasons.  Trumbo will be a free agent after three more full seasons.  Price is under contract for two more full seasons.  This is not Greinke, part 2.  In two seasons, Kendrick will likely be shown the door anyway unless our young 2b on the farm completely sh!t the bed.  Trumbo can be replaced arguably by a cheaper player under control for a longer period (Calhoun).  I cannot fathom why we wouldn't make a deal for Price if the cost was Kendrick and Trumbo, and maybe a sweetener.  Wells contract would be gone in two seasons, and we would be two seasons from being out of Hamiltons deal at that point.  Take the next two seasons and negotiate an extension with Price prior to him hitting the market.

Worst case, offer him arbitration and take the draft choice.  Bottom line for me, you're trading two seasons of Kendrick for two of Price while utilizing Trumbo as an asset to get er' done. 

Just because Price's contract would be moved doesn't mean the Rays want to add salary via trade. They never have in an offseason deal to the best of my knowledge.

They have an uncanny ability to maximize spending money his free agency.

If I were the Rays I would trade Price for prospects with less than 3 months service time only. Way more potential value that way. What little money you have target value free agents.

Landing Price is a just as likely to happen as Pujols deciding to restructure his deal and give the Angels back $109 million.

it madf

Just because Price's contract would be moved doesn't mean the Rays want to add salary via trade. They never have in an offseason deal to the best of my knowledge.

They have an uncanny ability to maximize spending money his free agency.

If I were the Rays I would trade Price for prospects with less than 3 months service time only. Way more potential value that way. What little money you have target value free agents.

Landing Price is a just as likely to happen as Pujols deciding to restructure his deal and give the Angels back $109 million.

Everyone keeps forgetting that every team in MLB is getting approximately $25 million extra from the national TV deal, so taking on some additional salary is not as big an obstacle as it may appear.