• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Both LA Teams are in on Price

HBMike

"Both LA teams are interested in acquiring David Price from the Rays. The Angelsmay have a slight edge because they can put together package with bats like Mark Trumbo and Howie Kendrick while the Dodgers have an overstocked rotation. "

This means the payroll is not an issue. Clearly they are willing to go over the luxury tax, if they are willing to make this trade. 

Edited by HBMike

The Rays already have a stocked farm system, especially in the SP department. If we're offering Trumbo AND Howie, I think it's a no-brainer we have the edge over the Dodgers.

Perhaps but I highly doubt it. Regardless, somebody will offer top prospects that will best such a proposed offer from the Angels. The Rays simply can't add payroll.

One thing to remember is that David Price will make approximately $13 million in arbitration this year and quite possibly something like $17 million or more next season. That's $30+ million dollars that a team will be expending in return for his services.

Now clearly he is worth it but how much moreso is open for debate. Clearly it takes more than just Mark Trumbo who could play first base for them. Is it Howie? Maybe they could move Zobrist to LF perhaps? Is it Bourjos? Then we'd better be getting something else back in return because Peter would give them too much value on top of Trumbo.

I think we have some pieces the Rays need but it is just a matter of finding the right fit, of which the Angels may not be a puzzle piece.

Edited by ettin

Perhaps but I highly doubt it. Regardless, somebody will offer top prospects that will best such a proposed offer from the Angels. The Rays simply can't add payroll.

Rays will shed approximately $12M in payroll with the loss of Price and Looney. Taking on Trumbo and Kendrick would be a wash.

The Rays were paying Zobrist $7.5 million to play 2nd and Loney $2 million to play first.

Now considering Price cost them $11 million last season, it would stand to reason they are not adding to payroll by moving Price for Kendrick and Trumbo to get significantly increased offense for the same cost. They are still saving Zobrist and Loney money to put back into the rotation without adding to their payroll.

So the trade makes perfect sense to them having increased the offense they desperatly need while actually cutting their bottom line, provided they are thinking an in house solution for Price.

Price would still be a great number 3 starter at worst. I'd take his 2011 numbers any year. While his K rate was down in 2013, his BB rate was outstanding. So even if he is striking out less batters he is still making up for it by throwing strikes and getting outs.

Three team trade between LAA, STL, TB.

LAA gets-

Price

Siegrist

Zobrist

STL gets-

Aybar

Trumbo

Enny Romero

TB gets-

Kendrick

S. Miller

M. Adams

Green

Sign Stephen Drew for SS and bam.

C- Iannetta/Conger

1B- Pujols

2B- Lindsey

SS- Drew

3B- Zobrist

LF- Trout

CF- Bourjos

RF- Hamilton

DH- Calhoun

Idk I'm bored and somewhat intoxicated so take it for what its worth.