• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Marlins are looking at Mark Trumbo

Chuck

I think Trumbo has decent value and I'd be inclined to keep him if not for Calhoun.  I think Kole can actually provide better production, but there are still orgs that put value on presence and being able to hit in the middle of the order.  Granted, I wouldn't want Trumbo in the middle of our order full time, but I could see how other teams would recognize that he's capable of being there. 

I am not a huge middlebrooks fan.  I hope boston trades him and moves bogarts to 3b and then we can trade them Aybar for Henry Owens and a couple other players.  Pass on Freese as well. 

I also thought Bradley would play CF for Boston next year.  No?

It's funny how undervalued he is. He isn't going to fetch you a top of the line prospect, but he also isn't going to bring back a bucket of balls like some of you think.

Here is the deal with Trumbo: He's an approximate 2.2-2.3 WAR player over the next three years of his control. He will make about $4.7 million in 2014, probably close to $9 million in 2015, and somewhere around $13 million in 2016, so about $27 million or so. When he hits free agency there is a good chance he will get a Qualifying Offer which is also worth a compensatory draft pick.

Add all of this up and I truly believe that Trumbo is worth one top prospect. Now some teams may not want to part with one top prospect for Mark but I think there are teams that would do it.

I do believe Trumbo can bring in at least one quality starting pitching prospect and a secondary, lower-tier type player in trade.

Home Runs by itself is a poor statistic to evaluate a player.  However, it is not irrelevant.

Trumbo was a former All Star who produces power.  And all he has to do to become an "elite" player is get two more walks a month (12 for the season).  I think there will be some teams willing to gamble on Trumbo that he can improve his walks by 2 a month.

You sound like a big fan of Reagins. 

Scott, guys that hit 35 HR and drive in 100 RBI don't grow on trees. I think you're too focused on BA/OBP here. Trumbo is still young and has some room for improvement.

True, but as each season goes by and he gets closer to age 30 (28 in January), that possibility decreases further.

Sure Chris Davis did well in his age 27 season, and sure that Trumbo and Davis are similar high power/high K guys.

But, and this is the important but, Davis didn't disappear for 2 months each season like Trumbo does.

True, but as each season goes by and he gets closer to age 30 (28 in January), that possibility decreases further.

Sure Chris Davis did well in his age 27 season, and sure that Trumbo and Davis are similar high power/high K guys.

But, and this is the important but, Davis didn't disappear for 2 months each season like Trumbo does.

In July Davis hit .211 with a .294 obp, in September .216 with a .304 obp.

In 2012 Davis grouped June and July together and hit about .215 with a .270 obp.

In 2011 Davis .154 in March/April then .179 in July and .250 in August with a .631 ops

in 2010 Davis hit .188 in April, .189 in July and .211 in Sept. The Rangers didn't play him the other three months.

Trading Trumbo would be the best thing that ever happened to him. After his 2011 RoY-2 season he was tossed aside like Woody when Buzz Lightyear showed up on the scene.

Trumbo has played 3rd, 1st, RF, LF and DH since Pujols was signed so his confidence has to be rattled. He's officially the Angels bastard child. I hope he rakes wherever he goes.

Trading Trumbo would be the best thing that ever happened to him. After his 2011 RoY-2 season he was tossed aside like Woody when Buzz Lightyear showed up on the scene.

Trumbo has played 3rd, 1st, RF, LF and DH since Pujols was signed so his confidence has to be rattled. He's officially the Angels bastard child. I hope he rakes wherever he goes.

Yup.  If he goes somewhere else I guarantee he'll come back to destroy us. 

I would really like to see what Don Baylor can do with Trumbo. I am not ready to give up a guy that hits 30+ homeruns and drives in 100+. Especially since we don't know how well Pujols will come back, both as a hitter and a First Baseman, and Hamilton is a coin flip as well.

I have to believe his prolonged slumps are more mental than physical and hopefully Baylor will help.

The state of Angel's baseball...trade a young MOTO power hitter with potential and bank on two old MOTO hitters with long term, large contracts and little/no potential.  Those ragging on Trumbo, hope you enjoy watching these old guys collect their huge paychecks.  Oh, yea, and a team managed by another long term, large contract guy.  How's that working out lately?

The state of Angel's baseball...trade a young MOTO power hitter with potential and bank on two old MOTO hitters with long term, large contracts and little/no potential. Those ragging on Trumbo, hope you enjoy watching these old guys collect their huge paychecks. Oh, yea, and a team managed by another long term, large contract guy. How's that working out lately?

And how exactly is the pitching staff working out lately?