• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Marlins are looking at Mark Trumbo

Chuck

From Rotoworld.com

Marlins general manager Dan Jennings told SiriusXM's Jim Bowden in an interview Sunday that the club has discussed both Mark Trumbo and Will Middlebrooks with their scouts.

The Marlins know they need to add more punch to their lineup and could do so with the addition of either corner infielder. "We like both guys," Jennings said. "We're not there yet in terms of close to any deals." The Angels are known to be shopping Trumbo for pitching, and the Red Sox could conceivably deal Middlebrooks if they put Xander Bogaerts at third instead of shortstop next season.
Nov 3 - 10:58 AM

I'd be shocked if we got a top 100 guy for him. 

I think that's a ridiculous overstatement. I'm guessing a team like Pittsburgh would gladly part with someone like Heredia or Glasnow for Trumbo. Hell even Nicolino from Miami is reasonable. I'm not saying you are wrong that he is "overvalued" by some here, but I think you are grossly undervaluing him. He's still got a few years of club control/arbitration left and he's basically guaranteed to give any team that takes him 30+ homeruns.

Sure, we shouldn't expect a pitcher like Taillon for him but come on. Do you honestly believe he wouldn't get any "top 100" prospect?

Edited by tdawg87

I think that's a ridiculous overstatement. I'm guessing a team like Pittsburgh would gladly part with someone like Heredia or Glasnow for Trumbo. Hell even Nicolino from Miami is reasonable. I'm not saying you are wrong that he is "overvalued" by some here, but I think you are grossly undervaluing him. He's still got a few years of club control/arbitration left and he's basically guaranteed to give any team that takes him 30+ homeruns.

Sure, we shouldn't expect a pitcher like Taillon for him but come on. Do you honestly believe he wouldn't get any "top 100" prospect?

Homeruns by themselves aren't super valuable.  Perhaps a Pittsburgh would deal a Glasnow but I wouldn't do it if I were them.

I think Trumbo's value is that of a 4/5.  Sorry everyone.

Homeruns by themselves aren't super valuable.  Perhaps a Pittsburgh would deal a Glasnow but I wouldn't do it if I were them.

I think Trumbo's value is that of a 4/5.  Sorry everyone.

Home Runs by itself is a poor statistic to evaluate a player.  However, it is not irrelevant.

Trumbo was a former All Star who produces power.  And all he has to do to become an "elite" player is get two more walks a month (12 for the season).  I think there will be some teams willing to gamble on Trumbo that he can improve his walks by 2 a month.

Would love to have Middlebrooks but Boston will probably want prospects up the butt for him.

Hey maybe they'd do the ol' "Bourjos and a prospect" trade? That would be sweet.

If Ellsbury leaves, Boston's gonna need a centerfielder, so it's not unreasonable that they might have interest in petey.

I can't believe how fans consistently overvalue Trumbo.

I'd be shocked if we got a top 100 guy for him. 

But then again it only takes one team to do something stupid..

Never bet against this. Hell, as Halo fans we should know well about it. We got to see our team trade for Vernon Wells and take on his entire contract

Edited by bloodbrother

Home Runs by itself is a poor statistic to evaluate a player.  However, it is not irrelevant.

Trumbo was a former All Star who produces power.  And all he has to do to become an "elite" player is get two more walks a month (12 for the season).  I think there will be some teams willing to gamble on Trumbo that he can improve his walks by 2 a month.

That fact that he was an All Star is irrelevant.