• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cardinals could trade Lance Lynn or Shelby Miller this offseason for a new shortstop

Docwaukee

I hear the Cardinals are desperate.  They only made the World Series on a average budget, and look good to be a solid team next year.  They are the one's that offered arbitration to a guy that nobody would sign till spring, and still got a draft pick.  They are the one's that didn't sign Pujols to a ridiculous contract.  Their front office is ripe for the pickings.

But the Angels are World Series contenders, and everyone will want to trade with our surplus.  We know what we are doing.  

/sarcasm if you haven't figured it out already since it seems necessary lately.

For a couple of months now i have wondered who the team would target this off season. A young, under control starting pitcher who could start right away for the Angels. And have the ability to move up in the rotation in a couple of years. Several times i have checked out rosters of all the teams to find a guy that would fit that mold. The guy that i pin pointed was Shelby Miller. Whether or not the Angels can trade for him is another story. Not sure the Angels have the trade pieces to pull it off. So hopefully, Dipoto can pull it off.

Do you guys really think that the Cards would take Aybar for Miller straight-up?  Not a chance...

He's about as valuable a trade commodity as currently exists in baseball.  Top of the rotation stuff, controllable with a ton of upside.

From what I've been hearing, Miller/Adams + prospect for Tulo or Profar. 

I honestly dont see anything of value the Angels could offer that would entice the Cards. 

Now, if you want Lance Lynn/Freeman for Aybar...that may be plausable.

http://www.stlcardinalbaseball.com/more-light-on-the-shelby-miller-situation

Edited by Hoops McCann

In the comments section there are plenty of Cards fans that think Colorado would be happy to part with Tulowitzky for Miller. Fans are pretty myopic GMs.

ROFLMAO

These Cards fans are smoking something. They must assume that because pot is legal here in CO that Dan O'Dowd is smoking it, too.

ROFLMAO

These Cards fans are smoking something. They must assume that because pot is legal here in CO that Dan O'Dowd is smoking it, too.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  I dont think he gets moved, but if he were, I think the Cards would be among the only team with enought prospects or young talent to do so.

Now, personally, I'd rather have Nolan Arenado, but I have a feeling the front office thinks as highly of him as Tulo and rightly so.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  I dont think he gets moved, but if he were, I think the Cards would be among the only team with enought prospects or young talent to do so.

Now, personally, I'd rather have Nolan Arenado, but I have a feeling the front office thinks as highly of him as Tulo and rightly so.

Not to mention that Arenado is younger, cheaper, and club-controlled for a few years.

I'm still hesitant to trade Aybar or Kendrick at this point.

If Green or Romine are starting, I think we're going to have a big issue.

I'd be more comfortable with Green at 2b than Romine at ss....Neither exactly wowed with the bat but Green seemingly has a better upside.... he's got a better track record in the minors, with the bat, than Romine.....

I still say aybar to st lou is going to happen. It very well could be for lynn. Personally, I'm not high on Lynn and his big innings, but he'd still be an upgrade, and at a decent price

If it happens, I won't clap, but I wouldn't be upset with it either.

Having watched every start for Lynn this year.  There are games where he can be utterly dominant.  That means, his tailing 2-seamer is low in the zone and he's hitting his spots and his off-speed pitches are good.  The past two years the first half of the season, he has been dominant but seems to fall off the cliff after the ASB and until September.

Another trend is he will be cruising along in a game and have one inning where BABIP gods have their way and he loses it.  If he could somehow minimize the damage in those innings, he could certainly be a #2 type pitcher. 

Don't get me wrong hoops, I 'like' lynn. Hes solid, and while probably expendable for you guys, he'd be a big upgrade for us.

I just don't see him as a front rotstion starter (which the angels badly need). I love his K rates, but he also puts too many guys on.

He'd be a nice addition to our rotation, but if it were only him I wouldn't be too solid on our prospects for 2014.

But if by some miracle the angels signed tanaka, grabbed lynn (for aybar), or another 'lynn' for one of our few trade pieces, I'd be ecstatic. (Obviously that dream scenario would also include signing another solid bullpen arm).

If beltran walks, does st lou have a corner OF in house? I know they have adams and craig for 1B, is one of them headed to RF to make room next year?

Or will they bring up their kid phenom prospect (can't think of his name right now).

I wonder if they would be interested in calhoun if that's the case. I know a lot of you guys are high on him (I like him too), but if he were to bring back one of st lous better pitchers (package w aybar), I'd prefer that instead of us packing guys angelswin doesn't like to get lynn.

If beltran walks, does st lou have a corner OF in house? I know they have adams and craig for 1B, is one of them headed to RF to make room next year?

Or will they bring up their kid phenom prospect (can't think of his name right now).

I wonder if they would be interested in calhoun if that's the case. I know a lot of you guys are high on him (I like him too), but if he were to bring back one of st lous better pitchers (package w aybar), I'd prefer that instead of us packing guys angelswin doesn't like to get lynn.

They would probably move Craig to the OF and have Adams play 1B. 

I just don't see where the Angels would be able to replace Aybar at.  Grant Green's fine as a fill-in SS and I know the Angels strongly considered dealing Aybar last trade deadline, but under no circumstance is Green an everyday player there.  Andrew Romine doesn't have enough bat to play the position everyday and while Lucho played a few games there in AAA, that was for nothing more than training for emergency purposes. 

If the Angels dealt Aybar they've have to jump into free agency and either overspend on Stephen Drew, take a chance of PED user Jhonny Peralta or resign Brendan Harris.  

Is that something you'd really want to do?  I guess if it means landing Shelby Miller or Trevor Rosenthal (and moving him into the rotation) then sure.  But outside of that, no way. 

I hear you scotty. But personally, I would be all for signing a defense first SS and losing aybars bat if it meant a real addition to our rotation.

We still scored runs without aybar in the lineup. I like him a lot, but his bat is replaceable.

Someone made a good comment a few days back about howie. Keeping him here and not fixing the pitching will hurt more than losing his bat but fixing the pitching.

Trumbo. Aybar. Howie. Bourjos. Etc etc. I'm in no rush to trade any one of them. But keeping them all and going with another hanson type signing will hurt a lot more than losing one or two of those guys that could land us another cj wilson type pitcher (imo).