• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Nathan

Season Over

I'd rather spend this money on 2-3 relievers and hope something sticks.

But even above that, I'd rather focus on the draft.  Stop blowing $$$ on largely unpredictable entities.

This is true. If I had to choose, I'd like Joe Smith and Javier Lopez signed, then possibly a guy like Crain on a cheap deal coming off an injury or even a incentive based deal for Madson could make sense. Sign 2 reliable guys then hope you find gold with a guy coming off an injury. 

This is true. If I had to choose, I'd like Joe Smith and Javier Lopez signed, then possibly a guy like Crain on a cheap deal coming off an injury or even a incentive based deal for Madson could make sense. Sign 2 reliable guys then hope you find gold with a guy coming off an injury. 

I love Joe Smith.  Totally underrated.

He's also going to be 39. You really going to give him a 2-3 year deal at that age?

What tdawg said....Nathan was as good of a closer as there was in MLB in 2013. Two years plus a team option ($12-14 million/season)

Folks, NO draft pick would be lost and Frieri gets a solid person to look to for closing mentoring.

It's about time we took someone from Tejas who actually contributes, instead of only making headlines with lousy play.

Tejas also has the depth in young pitching to go this route. That is all there is to this.

But yeah, agreed on going after Joe Smith as well. The guy simply knows how to pitch.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Joe Smith is the ONE guy I want the Angels to go hard after, if they choose to sign a FA reliever. Crain could be a good option if he is willing to take a 1/1 offer with incentives.

Right with you.

I'd add Mujica to that list if his market falls due to his poor September.

Cool, you found two random instances of older relievers who didn't work out for the Angels. Darren Oliver and Scott Downs say "hi" back.

This is probably what Jerry Dipoto said to himself when he signs Hawkins and Izzy.  As for the .001% that you named which worked out - Oliver is an enigma, and Downs has sucked the last 2 years so your really grasping at straws with that one.

Edited by Marsaka