• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Huge fight in Flyers-Caps Game -- Emery is a badass

nate

That was closer to assault than anything with Emery. I appreciate fights as much as the next fan but c'mon. If the other dude doesn't want to go, call him a #$%#$ pussy and move on. Assuming he didn't do something to really deserve it. Goes double for goalies.Getting your ass kicked on the scoreboard isn't enough of a reason to jump a guy.

Also, a big F.U. From the Caps to their goalie for not jumping in to help him. That team will only go as far as he does. If he got hurt, it is season over Washington.

That cannot be allowed to happen. Shame on them, and shame on Oates for not sending a guy off the bench to bail him out.

If I was Oates, I would have run Mason for the rest of the game. There is still 15 minutes left in the game, and all Philly's tough guys are out of the game.

Sending somebody onto the ice is a bit extreme, since it would lead to huge fines and a lengthy suspension for Oates.  But, if I saw my goalie getting throttled by a goalie-gear-wearing thug, I certainly would've left my current fight to end Emery.

Sending somebody onto the ice is a bit extreme, since it would lead to huge fines and a lengthy suspension for Oates.  But, if I saw my goalie getting throttled by a goalie-gear-wearing thug, I certainly would've left my current fight to end Emery.

Might be a little extreme, but what if Holtby broke his jaw and missed the rest of the season?

Watch for a rule change about goalies crossing the red line

Yeah, Emery just looks like a dick here. "Oh shit, I can't stop anyone from scoring on me? Whelp, better go beat the shit out of the opposing goalie even though he doesn't want to fight me!!"

no kidding. what a jerk. i don't know how the refs penalized him for this, but i hope holtby didn't get a fighting major just because some tool from the flyers had a bug up his butt and charged the length of the ice to go after him. was never an emery fan, and no reason to become one now.