• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Idea Posted on Lookout Landing

Ender

What do you guys think?

Not sure I'd want to throw Edwin Diaz into that mix ... as I think he has considerable upside (though he is quite young) and he had quite a breakout year at 19 ... maybe replace with someone else.

Though Diaz's upside might be needed to seal the deal.

Edited by Ender

Well almost by definition if it is on Lookout Landing it is probably Mariners players.

Those are three interesting pitchers and Erasmo is definitely the type of pitcher that would do well in Anaheim. The other two are also interesting in their own ways. In my mind that is probably a trade the Angels would consider. It is pretty clear they don't want to sell low on Peter but I think this is in the ballpark of consideration.

There was nothing solid about Erasmo Ramirez last season. He would be a nice player to have as depth...and of course he can actually improve as a starter... but if the Angels are going to enter 2014 relying on the likes of Erasmo Ramirez to fill out their rotation, don't expect great things from the Angels in 2014. That's a lot of "WHAT IF" without any real MLB success.

I don't think anyone here wants to trade anyone unless we are getting superstar players back. This is a completely fair proposal that probably favors the Angels more than anything. The Angels need young, cost controlled pitching and this would get them 3. Granted, Diaz is a long ways away but he is a good prospect and lord knows we have no abundance of those.

Assuming Williams isn't tendered, the Angels need a swingman. Ramirez gives you just that with potential for much more. He is only 24 in 2014.

I would jump all over this trade. 3 young pitchers with upside for Peter Bourjos? Yes please.

If the Angels didn't have Pujols, Hamilton, Weaver, etc. etc. and weren't in win-now mode, I'd probably agree. But the Angels do need to win now. 

We would be trading Bourjos for a starter who was pretty bad last season (although there is potential in him, but that's all it is...), a reliever with control issues, and a pitcher with potential who is a few years away.

Would you be comfortable with sticking Ramirez in the rotation next year? Counting on him to help right the ship? Do we know what we would get out of him? Because he sure was pretty bad last season...

Way too much "what ifs" and just not a lot of obvious immediate improvements here.

Bourjos isn't going to get you a better package from anyone. He isn't that good and he missed half the year last year.

The fact is the Angels need pitching depth. Not every tradeable player is going to net the team a cost controlled starter who would immediately be the number 3 starter in the rotation. I really, really doubt Bourjos gets you that. I could be wrong though, I just don't see it.

I don't really see it either, but if he's packaged with someone like Aybar, I think the Angels could get a nice haul.

I just don't wanna see a guy who's a 5-6 WAR player when healthy moved for someone like Ramirez. He's much more valuable than that

Edited by SoWhat

The Angels shouldn't just make a trade for the sake of making one. They can always decide to keep Bourjos if they're not happy with the offers they're getting. Or...they can also get creative and offer him in a package deal. Dipoto is going to need to show his worth this offseason.

The Angels do need to win now, however. You don't sign Pujols and Hamilton if you don't plan on doing that. These guys aren't getting any younger. I don't think this M's package meets the "win now" criteria.

Edited by Angels

With the presence of Trumbo and Calhoun along with Trout's comfort and defensive prowess in CF, Bourjos has become an expendable OF in an organization that still has Randal Grichuk waiting in the wings.

Anytime you can trade something you don't need for something you need, that's a pretty good thing. 

Erasmo Ramirez is part of what the Angels need.  Throwing another couple prospects on top of that would be an excellent haul that'd excite me as a fan. 

I would do that trade in an instant if it were actually proposed. 

The "win-now" mentality is what got us Pujols and Hamilton in the first place. With everything we have been hearing, it would seem the Angels have a tight payroll this year. They need young, cheap pitching. The vast majority of that will be unproven, potential talent. That's just the way it is, unfortunately.

Now I do agree that if he could be packaged in a deal then you will likely end up with a better pitcher. However, while the Angels need a legit number 3 and 4 starter, they also need depth and have stated as much. This is a good deal to get that.

The best depth is the kind that has a lot of potential to be more, and eventually is. I understand we want to win now, but we can't neglect the future either.

I just feel like a horrible baseball fan because I knew none of these people.

I'll take it.  We need pitching (these guys are pitchers, right?)

It's fine. I can't say I'm a whiz on most Angels players ... though I do know most of the Angels MLB Roster.

I don't really see it either, but if he's packaged with someone like Aybar, I think the Angels could get a nice haul.

I just don't wanna see a guy who's a 5-6 WAR player when healthy moved for someone like Ramirez. He's much more valuable than that

Erasmo didn't have a good year. That is true.

He was also injured for a while and I don't think he was truly 100% at all.

He barely threw his change-up and when working it's one of the better ones in baseball. 

Erasmo is certainly better than his MLB numbers showed last year ... easily could become a decent #3 or solid #4. He's also only 23.

Edwin Diaz is a ways off ... so high risk high reward ... he has the potential to be a TOR pitcher ... but of course could also flame out.

Bourjos' value isn't exactly the highest right now with all the injuries last year ... and his not so great 2012.

Edited by Ender

I'm all for this if we can get Tanaka or get another 2-3 through somewhere. I like what he has to offer but I'd definitely shop Bourjos around first and see if we can get someone better in a package deal like some suggested.

Heh.

I think everyone is gonna be in on Tanaka. I want the M's to get him too.

He's basically a younger, better Iwakuma.

Felix, Kuma, Tanaka, Taijuan Walker, and someone (maybe Paxton) would be the stuff of my dreams.

Unfortunately the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox exist.

Edited by Ender

The "win-now" mentality is what got us Pujols and Hamilton in the first place. With everything we have been hearing, it would seem the Angels have a tight payroll this year. They need young, cheap pitching. The vast majority of that will be unproven, potential talent. That's just the way it is, unfortunately.

Or, we can go the other way and wind up with more Joe Blantons.

Don't forget the Cubs. I expect them to be more serious than the Dodgers. Cubs only have $180 million in future payroll commitments.

Good point. Them too.

The posting system is changing before Tanaka goes into it right? He has some say where he goes? Can pick between the top few bids or something?

Hopefully Iwakuma can lure him!

Edited by Ender