• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shooters at LAX

nate

Does anyone think that the police response was a little overblown? Don't get me wrong, the initial responders were awesome. They took the suspect down without killing him (so far) and didn't shoot anyone else in the process. I'm talking about the guys up on the top of the food chain. The airport seemed like it was closed for way too long of a time and passengers were out roaming the parking lots and streets of El Segundo with no instructions of where to go or what to do.

I understand shutting down Terminal 3 for an extended time but the whole airport? It was one guy. Now we have the TSA union guy saying we need to arm bag checkers. It's getting ridiculous IMO.

What did you think you might see in a thread about shooting, Cali?!  TV violence?!  Welcome to the real world.

Don't know why you'd defend spreading these kinds of images when they're not relevant to the story at all. Acting like the title of the thread warrants it appropriate to post that kind of image is not justifiable in the least. I've been through these threads for years reading worse things and not once can I remember images of death/gore being posted before.

I live in the real world. Doesn't mean a photo of the assailants brains being splattered all over the carpet in LAX needs to be shared for shock value.

Now we have the TSA union guy saying we need to arm bag checkers. It's getting ridiculous IMO.

Yeah, been flying for a while, the security is ridiculous and a shame. Its definitely gotten worse. The past couple years I've thought the option of a "no security before boarding" ticket would be awesome (but of course will never happen). People who want to feel "safe" and wait in a long security line to get on the "safer" plane still have that option.

But the "no security" plane would have riders that get to skip the security line because they agree to board the plane based on the honor policy that they won't do anything to harm the passengers or hijack the plane. Sure as a passenger you risk some asshole not following through on his word, but at least you wouldn't be forced to have your freedom infringed upon by being frisked and searched like a criminal every time you want to travel by plane.

Because it gets to a point where you just have to accept people are going to do bad things if they want to. Which is why I don't feel significantly safer getting on a plane after going through security at airports. I would actually feel safer knowing there's 120 "good guys" on the plane that have effective means of defending themselves if one or two guys decide to cause problems. And I would much rather have the freedom to skip the security line and simply get on a plane with a bunch of honest, well meaning people that agree to behave themselves, instead of having to watch thousands upon thousands of hard working, honest, good Americans treated like convicts.

They have to perform a complete sweep before they open things back up. What if this guy wasn't actin alone? What if he was a diversion? There are scenarios that have to be carefully considered and examined and in a place that large, that takes a considerable amount of time.

Well apparently I'm not the only person who is questioning how it was handled.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-1106-lax-crowd-control-20131106,0,4189726,full.story#axzz2jqj0F58Z

These kind of events are always scrutinized and examined. They always look at what was done right, what was done wrong,  and what they can do better. But this article is more about the lack of information to the displaced travelers and evacuation processes than anything else. It's not questioning closing down the entire airport or even how long it was closed down for. When you don't know the motives of the shooter or whether he was acting alone, you exercise extreme caution until you are able to rule things out. If they hadn't acted in such a manner and this had been an orchestrated attack that continued either in that terminal or somewhere else in the airport, the fit would hit the shan. 

Ok so the entirerty of the country's third largest airport should be shut down for nearly the whole day because of one guy with a gun. I guess the terrorists won.

I guess you're missing or choosing to ignore that they didn't know if it was one guy with a gun. And the fact that it's the third largest airport and therefore a greater potential for casualties, damn right they should shut it down for however long it takes to confirm security. 

Edited by Lifetime

I guess you're missing or choosing to ignore that they didn't know if it was one guy with a gun. And the fact that it's the third largest airport and therefore a greater potential for casualties, damn right they should shut it down for however long it takes to confirm security.

They didn't shut down the whole airport when someone shot and killed people at the El Al counter. They only closed that specific terminal.