• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Ortiz should not be a hall of famer...

Im getting really sick of hearing this kind of double standard bs just cause hes on the Red Sox.  Every other juicer not named David Ortiz will be kept out.  Bonds is a better player then Ortiz, the home run king will not even make the hall of fame. 

Ortiz is a juicer, just like everyone else that doesnt get a chance he shouldnt either.  I dont care that everyone loves him right now because the same thing happened to A-Rod in 09.  But anyone that talks about him being in the hall of fame is quite ignorant. 

Bonds should be in the Hall. So should Ortiz and Clemens.

It is ridiculous, IMO, that Bonds and Clemens are not already in. Bagwell and Piazza too.

You missed Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson.  The problem is that Cooperstown is this dinky little town in upstate New York, and they don't have room to expand.

I could say the same thing about a lot of players that are kept out of the hall.

there are a few names that i would agree with, but most have exceptionally damning evidence against them. i would agree that some of these guys that were using before it was expressly forbidden have a legitimate argument about legislation after the fact. i also know that sometimes life isn't fair and when you choose to take the easy way, you get punished (by life, karma or whatever) for it.

When did ARod?

i believe arod has tested positive once and was so damningly involved in a second that every single player other than arod rolled over and begged for mercy. the fact that the PLAYERS UNION publicly told those players and arod to go **** themselves, is proof of a positive.

He tested positive in 2003 and admitted to taking roids from 01-03.

i know it was rumored and i believe he did admit to having used, although i don't remember what he said. my feelings are that he admitted to taking them while it was "legal" and from what i know he has never been remotely implicated since, and there's been a lot of opportunities and bigger names than ortiz linked. like i said, my standard has to be a positive test. i can't and won't take part in mccarthyism. if he never fails a drug test and he's cheating, well good for him i guess, but if he fails, then he's done.

Put em all in the HOF. It's already full of racists, gamblers, cheaters, and murderers. These high and might fossils need to stop with the holier than thou business.

The HOF is a gimmick and keeping out your players that did serious offensive damage is dumb.

Is it that difficult to come up with a steroid wing?

Jeez, quit with the butthurt over Ortiz and the Red Sox. Time to accept the fact that:

*The Red Sox are arguably the premier franchise in baseball (3 WS championships in the last ten years; only the Giants and Cardinals have more than one during that span of time, and they have two each)

*David Ortiz is a great hitter, with or without steroids, and a true champion

*Mike Napoli and John Lackey are going to enjoy the offseason knowing they're on top of the world, unlike their former team, team-mates, and fans

pTime to let it go. Move on. Accept reality: The Red Sox are a much better, smarter organization - with deeper talent - than the Angels are.

Jeez, quit with the butthurt over Ortiz and the Red Sox. Time to accept the fact that:

*The Red Sox are arguably the premier franchise in baseball (3 WS championships in the last ten years; only the Giants and Cardinals have more than one during that span of time, and they have two each)

*David Ortiz is a great hitter, with or without steroids, and a true champion

*Mike Napoli and John Lackey are going to enjoy the offseason knowing they're on top of the world, unlike their former team, team-mates, and fans

pTime to let it go. Move on. Accept reality: The Red Sox are a much better, smarter organization - with deeper talent - than the Angels are.

Yeah thats fine and all I just hate the fact that people are inconsistent with their hall of fame voting. 

If you keep one guy out for juicing, keep all of them out.  Ortiz is a juicer, no way around it.  Dont care if he plays for the Red Sox or not.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

the vote for ortiz could be really interesting. he's had a tremendous career in boston and was just lights out in the WS. boston fans don't seem to be bothered or upset about the juicing accusations, and it sounds like it was just simply an allegation with nothing ever proved and no discipline from MLB.

at this point, i'd say he gets in, and does so rather easily.

Yeah thats fine and all I just hate the fact that people are inconsistent with their hall of fame voting. 

If you keep one guy out for juicing, keep all of them out.  Ortiz is a juicer, no way around it.  Dont care if he plays for the Red Sox or not.

see, but here's the thing, i still haven't seen where he admits to taking steroids. i'm not saying it's not out there somewhere, but the article used as a rebuttal was exactly the opposite of him admitting to taking steroids. he's never tested positive for steroids ever in the era of steroid testing, and that's a fairly long time now. i'm not so ready to just call him a steroider, because he's big, good, and plays for a rival.

see, but here's the thing, i still haven't seen where he admits to taking steroids. i'm not saying it's not out there somewhere, but the article used as a rebuttal was exactly the opposite of him admitting to taking steroids. he's never tested positive for steroids ever in the era of steroid testing, and that's a fairly long time now. i'm not so ready to just call him a steroider, because he's big, good, and plays for a rival.

Hes had the same rumors and accusations as many of the other players being kept out of the Hall.

And Ortiz did test positive by the way,

"Ortiz is one of seven players since revealed to have tested positive in 2003. The others were then-teammate Manny Ramirez (who has since tested positive two more times), Alex Rodriguez (who is appealing the suspension he received in connection with the Biogenesis scandal on Monday), Larry Bigbie, Jason Grimsley and David Segui (all three of whom appeared in the Mitchell Report) and Sammy Sosa."

http://mlb.si.com/2013/08/07/david-ortiz-peds-biogenesis/

So like I said, hes no different then anyone else being kept out of the hall.

Edited by QuinlansMinion