• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Olney: Trumbo & Bourjos on Trade Block

What I'm suggesting IP, is that we train and scout the heck out of Grant Green this offseason.  He said he'd be working hard at 3B in the offseason.  Keep in touch and keep gents on the ground that can watch him and make an educated decision as to whether or not Green is defensively prepared to assume a full time role in the major leagues next year, be it at 2B or 3B.  I don't think anyone doubts he has the bat to do it. 

This confirms what we already knew/thought.

• The Angels' luxury-tax issues will likely mean they'll attempt to upgrade their rotation primarily through trades, explains Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com. If they bring Vargas back, it would appear to be for less on a yearly basis than the $14.1MM qualifying offer. In the meantime, they'll hope to acquire young pitching by dealing players like Mark Trumbo, Howie Kendrick, Erick Aybar or Peter Bourjos. Doing so might also help them shed salary.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/ana/la-angels-gm-jerry-dipoto-likely-to-explore-trades-over-free-agency?ymd=20131031&content_id=63386806&vkey=news_ana&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

3rd Place

What I'm suggesting IP, is that we train and scout the heck out of Grant Green this offseason. He said he'd be working hard at 3B in the offseason. Keep in touch and keep gents on the ground that can watch him and make an educated decision as to whether or not Green is defensively prepared to assume a full time role in the major leagues next year, be it at 2B or 3B. I don't think anyone doubts he has the bat to do it.

I doubt his bat. I don't like his swing. He gets no leverage with it, he won't consistently drive the ball. He would be a serious downgrade from Howie. And I put his chances of becoming even a part time 3b at less than 10%. There was a reason Beane traded him and I saw it last season.

This confirms what we already knew/thought.

• The Angels' luxury-tax issues will likely mean they'll attempt to upgrade their rotation primarily through trades, explains Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com. If they bring Vargas back, it would appear to be for less on a yearly basis than the $14.1MM qualifying offer. In the meantime, they'll hope to acquire young pitching by dealing players like Mark Trumbo, Howie Kendrick, Erick Aybar or Peter Bourjos. Doing so might also help them shed salary.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/ana/la-angels-gm-jerry-dipoto-likely-to-explore-trades-over-free-agency?ymd=20131031&content_id=63386806&vkey=news_ana&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
I don't understand? I thought Arte's splurge on wells wouldn't impact our ability to sign players in the future some it "wasn't my money"?

Can somebody please explain to me why The owner's reckless moves suddenly impact the team's ability to add payroll?!?!

I don't understand? I thought Arte's splurge on wells wouldn't impact our ability to sign players in the future some it "wasn't my money"?

Can somebody please explain to me why The owner's reckless moves suddenly impact the team's ability to add payroll?!?!

Two words. And one of them is Trout. The other is Mike.

At some point, he's going to have to be shown the money, and that will continue to be hard to do if money keeps getting thrown at Free Agent This and Free Agent That.

Ti be fair YOT, that tweet (right now) is still speculation. It does seem realistic, but to be fair arte has always downplayed his money and then has come out of nowhere to spend it.

Im not at all saying we land tanaka, but given his history, I wouldn't be suprised if arte is purposely remaining mum to try and sneak in last minute.

Wells, Pujols, and Hamilton. BIG misses. You dont miss that badly and recover too quickly. This team tore it's achilles with that strikeout. Which is what happens when you dont know what the hell youre doing. Educated baseball people would not have made any of those decisions. If we conducted a poll before each of these moves were made the majority of this site wouldve voted no.

Best thing this organization can do is recognize we are !@#$ed. Hire Bobby Valentine to make the clubhouse so miserable that everyone waves their no trade clauses and we start over with a core unit consisting of Trout and a deep minor league system. World series contenders in 2016 and beyond

Actually most of the people here voted yes for all of them, even Wells, so I have a feeling your statement is incorrect.

Yeah, I think the Wells trade was fairly down the middle.  Some liked, many were "meh" including myself, and some hated it with a passion.

A large majority was stoked about the Pujols signing.

I think a small majority disliked the Hamilton signing.  Not that they thought he would be this bad, but that the team should have focused on pitching.

Yeah, I think the Wells trade was fairly down the middle.  Some liked, many were "meh" including myself, and some hated it with a passion.

A large majority was stoked about the Pujols signing.

I think a small majority disliked the Hamilton signing.  Not that they thought he would be this bad, but that the team should have focused on pitching.

I hate how people use that as reasoning to justify the moves though. We're not GM's for good reason. 

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Dan Jennings told us they have discussed Mark Trumbo and Will Middlebrooks with their scouts…they have young pitching available

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Dan Jennings on Trumbo and Middlebrooks, "We like both guys. We're not there yet in terms of close to any deals" Sirius 209 XM 89

Edited by SoWhat

Wells, Pujols, and Hamilton. BIG misses. You dont miss that badly and recover too quickly. This team tore it's achilles with that strikeout. Which is what happens when you dont know what the hell youre doing. Educated baseball people would not have made any of those decisions. If we conducted a poll before each of these moves were made the majority of this site wouldve voted no.

Best thing this organization can do is recognize we are !@#$ed. Hire Bobby Valentine to make the clubhouse so miserable that everyone waves their no trade clauses and we start over with a core unit consisting of Trout and a deep minor league system. World series contenders in 2016 and beyond

More like the pitcher struck out the side for all 9 innings, that's how bad these 3 moves were.   Good job, Angry Arte!