• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Isnt it funny that baseball players are considered pro athletes...

Not really. You can be out of shape and DH or pitch. You don't have a spot in other sports if you're out of shape. Even the lineman example is false as they have to be strong and moderately athletic to block....hence why footwork and sprint times are important at the combines. I want to say you'll have anomalies like Roy Nelson, the fighter, who looks like he sits in a bar all day, but his cardio is nuts.

Don't get your panties in a bunch guys and be all pro baseball when someone is honest about it. You have your freaks like Trout and Gabe Kapler (seriously, look up his health magazine articles. They're awesome), but of all sports, and we aren't counting the bullshit like Nascar, it's the least athletic.

Still trips me out about the Red Sox players drinking during games last year.

Scientists have determined that hitting a 98 MPH baseball is a superhuman ability.   You basically have to be in the 99.7 percentile of hand eye coordination to do it + mechanics.   I'd say hand eyed coordination makes them pretty athletic. 

Do you mean making contact with a 98 MPH pitch or being able to hit for a good/decent average?  If you mean making contact your numbers are off.

Do you mean making contact with a 98 MPH pitch or being able to hit for a good/decent average?  If you mean making contact your numbers are off.

Scientists have said it is impossible to recognize and hit a 98 MPH fastball.. The brain can't react in time.

Edited by Poozy

I feel like hitting and pitching is a skill. The fielding and running part requires more athleticism. There is fat players because they have great skills, not athleticism. I love baseball, but I think its pathetic how some of these guys take care of their bodies. Every pro baseball player should be in exceptional shape.

But so many of them are fat.

Are you trying to say hitting a round object that is coming at you at 95+ miles an hour with a round bat isn't athletic?  Running bases isn't athletic?  Or you saying throwing that round object 95+ through a plane about 3 feet by 14" from 60' away isn't athletic?  Or how about throwing that object through that plane but yet getting it to change directions by two feet feet?

Athleticism isn't only based on a person's body fat %!

Not really. You can be out of shape and DH or pitch. You don't have a spot in other sports if you're out of shape. Even the lineman example is false as they have to be strong and moderately athletic to block....hence why footwork and sprint times are important at the combines. I want to say you'll have anomalies like Roy Nelson, the fighter, who looks like he sits in a bar all day, but his cardio is nuts.

Don't get your panties in a bunch guys and be all pro baseball when someone is honest about it. You have your freaks like Trout and Gabe Kapler (seriously, look up his health magazine articles. They're awesome), but of all sports, and we aren't counting the bullshit like Nascar, it's the least athletic.

Your logic is nuts.  Are you saying being able to hit doesn't take footwork and body mechanics?  Throwing a ball takes footwork and body mechanics.  The so called "fat" DH's still have to hit the ball to get a job.  That takes a lot of athletic ability.  If it didn't everybody would be able to do it!

Does it trip you out when football players or basketball players play their sport on drugs?