• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fantasy Football BBV (Brags, beats, variance)

I had no idea our playoffs were 2 weeks long. I didn't even look at my lineup last week.

I didn't either. I set my lineup and didn't look at the opponent until Sunday, after the games started. I was shocked to be playing you again, had to check to see if ESPN was broken.

Fortunately I would have beat you even if Shorts would have played, or your best backup was in his place.

I can tell you Katie that you're playing for 3rd place now, so set your lineup the next two weeks. :)

Beat: Starting Chiefs D over Carolina, Stacy's fumble. The dude I'm playing has Manning and Decker....so it's a double whammy when they connect.

Brag: Garcon, Murray

Variance: Need Cutler to go off (40-50 would br sweet), consequently I need the Bears D to eat shit and for Roddey White to break his ankles to win the championship.

Edited by Brandon

Double beat: The dude that won is a d-bag that no one in the pub league likes. He's a Broncos homer that wears the same jersey every Sunday and even when the team was on a bye. Because the Broncos are good, his team of Manning, Decker, Prater, and I think he has Moreno although I know for sure he picked up Ball when I dropped him are good.

The thing that sucks about losing to this dude is he picked in front of me and I was pumped as. Charles was going to fall to me. This asshole can't make a pick in the allotted time (who can't make their first pick in two minutes?) and since we did a live draft the commissioner gifted him Charles....maybe in an internet draft the auto pick is different, who knows.

Guy does other scummy things, but those will be in a bar etiquette or what not to do thread.

Had my annual 10-team league PLAYOFF draft yesterday.  Drafted third overall.  Select 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D.  No replacement.  Real NFL team loses and you lose any players from that team.  No head to head, just accumulate points through the Super Bowl.  I got

QB- Cam Newton            (7th round, last team to draft a QB)

RB- Marshawn Lynch     (1st round)

RB- Monte Ball               (6th round)

WR- Michael Crabtree    (4th round)

WR- Randall "Tex" Cobb         (5th round)

TE-  Jermaine Gresham    (8th round)

K-    Steven Hauschka    (3rd round)

D-    Seattle Seahawks   (2nd round)

Team 1 took Peyton, but was somewhat surprised that Team 2 took Drew Brees.  There is a premium put on players that will likely go deep into the playoffs and I feel like N.O. will potentially win in week 1, but then travel to Seattle or Carolina.  I figured with 3 Seahawks and 1 Panther (QB against a weak Denver D, should they make it), I had a pretty good shot of having difference makers remaining for the Super Bowl unless something unusual happens (a road team winning 3 straight...9'ers).

Edited by HaloEnglebertHumperdink

I like it for two reasons.  One, it gives me another reason to pay attention to the post-season (especially if my team hasn't made the playoffs).  Two, if your fantasy team didn't do too well, it offers another opportunity to win some money.  Top 3 scoring teams in this format win money ($250, $150, $100).

I finished sixth in one league (lost the fifth-place playoff game), won the other league after losing the championship game two years in a row to the same team I beat this year. It was tight, though. I won by three, and I needed points from two Dallas Cowboys (with their QB out) in the last game to pull it out. Got just enough. The Chiefs benching Jamaal Charles really screwed me, and until about the last four minutes of the Dallas-Philly game it appeared to be fatal to my chances.

I'm drunk half the time I post here, so not sure if I mentioned my outcome.

Didn't want tto play this year but was coaxed into it with free booze on Sundays with a pub league. Ended up losing in the championship to a d-bag. I was projected to win by a few, so it was going to be a close game. But, I ended up -20 points below projections while he ended up +20 for around a 40 point swing loss....he almost put up 200 on me.