• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Common Courtesy

You're at a restaurant or gas station. You have an empty cup and walk to the soda fountain to fill up and see someone using it, but the drink you want is at the opposite of him. Do you wait or go in for the fill up?

Also, if you do go for the fill, is there a certain amount of space between you and the other person?

Edited by Brandon

Depends on the establishment. Gas Station? No way. I don't even buy fountain drinks at gas stations. Too much white trash putting their chain smoking, child beating hands on the cups and straws. 

Chipotle and Wahoo's keep pretty clean stations. Provided I can squeeze in, I'll fill up.

Subtopic - I'm not a fan of those new machines that have one dispenser, but 80 soda flavors. Diet Coke tastes like cherry dr. pepper with lemon. 

That's what I figured. I'm at this Mexican restaurant to grab a bite and kill some time and some dickhead kind of reaches around me to get his drink which is the fountain next to mine.

You gotta have a 1 fountain buffer

Ah, see, this is why I ask.

He had exactly one. I wasn't sure if it's similar to using urinals, which would then be acceptable. I think if he tried to across like he was squeezing in quickly for a top off he's cool. But doing a sort of reach around where his arm is close to my shoulder is weird.

I use the fountain ice dispenser as a divider. If one dude is on one side and the other end is open, you're cool.....only on multiple ice dispensers. Even if a fountain is the same size but has one ice dispenser, you wait. Homes squeezed into the same ice dispenser space.

Subtopic - I'm not a fan of those new machines that have one dispenser, but 80 soda flavors. Diet Coke tastes like cherry dr. pepper with lemon.

Someone asked me during a Saturday lunch rush at a very busy In N Out why we didn't have these. I literally had to explain to the person how we would need ten of these to handle the demand and the time it takes for people to make up their minds on what kind of drink they'd like to create. He then changed his question to, "how come you don't have like ten of them if that's the case?".

I like making snide comments to people in public that do rude things or are oblivious to people or things going on around them. Mostly because people are getting worse and worse, and it just seems like nobody these days does or says anything and prefers to just look the other way. Not me.

In this case I would have said something along the lines of "Hey guy, can't you see I'm standing here? Step back and wait 5 seconds before I accidentally pour Mr Pibb over the top of your freakin' head."

I go in for the fill. I got shit to do and don't have time to waste waiting for some 400 pound jackass to fill up his 128 oz bucket o' Diet Coke because he's on a diet.

Besides, if I'm at a Gas Station filling up like this, I'm most likely on the road somewhere and there's about zero chance I will ever encounter Tubbo again in my life outside of the next 5 minutes, so what do I care what he thinks of me?

Edited by Eric

looking for the restroom at a gas station once i wandered into the back where they kept the 80 bags of nasty soda flavor mix all tubed together like something out of the matrix.

last time i ever got a fountain drink at a gas station.

You must not go to the Bellagio to get any type of beverage that's not served pre-bottled then.

I present to you the end of your consumption of alcohol in Las Vegas.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2013/aug/28/drinking-bellagio-how-booze-travels-secret-room-yo/

Totally depends on the dispenser.  If it's tight, I wait.  If it's a setup where the ice in center, with mirroring flavored dispensers on either side and the other person is on one side, I think it's fine to go to the other side (like at Costco).  It also depends on whom I'm waiting on.  If it's some deusch who doesn't have the common sense to get out of the way (putting the lid on in front of the fountain, inserting the straw, slurping the excess soda off the top all prior to leaving the area), I would typically body slam said person into the condiment station.  Then I would apologize to her kids.

You're at a restaurant or gas station. You have an empty cup and walk to the soda fountain to fill up and see someone using it, but the drink you want is at the opposite of him. Do you wait or go in for the fill up?

Also, if you do go for the fill, is there a certain amount of space between you and the other person?

Deniz approves.