• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

y: New York Yankees Should Look to Boston Red Sox If They Want to Compete Long-Term

gotbeer

The Dodgers are the only team that's going to do that. The high priced contracts we have the Dodgers have no place for. I'm sure the Dodgers would take Sabathia from the Yankees. The Red Sox made the right deal at the right time with the Dodgers. And as much as I hate the Red Sox, it was an amazing trade they were able to make.

It's odd how the one player going back to the Red Sux from the Raviners (Loney) has had a career very similar to that of Casey Kotchman's.   As a 22/23 year-old, Loney across some 450 at bats in 2006/2007 put up a .900+ OPS.   That of course was followed by the "on his way to stardom" talk.    And then, it started to unravel, cuminating in a -WAR for the 2012 season.  

He did have a bit of a resurgence though for TB in 2013, with his highest OPS (.778) since 2007. 

They didn't really do anything to facilitate that trade. The Dodgers just said, "Hey we'll take all those expensive contracts off your hands" and then gave the Red Sox a bunch of crappy players in return. It wasn't really genius on Boston's part.

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers are happy with the trade so far. The two biggest contracts play a important role in their lineup. Beckett has only one year left at 17M and Punto is a free agent.