• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is David Ortiz a beloved juicer?

I don't know if he's still juicing or not.  However:

1.  I'm pretty convinced he juiced in the past.  And not convinced he isn't up to the same chicanery today.

2.  The best thing that happened to Ortiz the last five years are Barry Bonds and A-Rod who have taken any potential conversation about Ortiz 'roiding off the grid.

3.  I regret that Scioscia/Angels did not pitch Ortiz in -- and I meany WAY in -- like Francona/Red Socks did against Vladdy in the playoffs.  I would have liked to have seen Ortiz miss a few games due to a fastball hitting him in the ribs.

4.  I know Ortiz is a 'good guy,' a 'nice guy,' and all that, but I can't stand him.  I'm tired of his Red Socks induced look-at-me charade.  Called strike three, you're out!  Get out!  And don't look back!

5.  Fenway should be torn the F down and the home team should play in a stadium with the dimensions of the Oakland Tarp-o-seum as punishment for the next 50 years.  The day the homo Pesky Pole goes down will be a good one.

6.  If a toilet overflows in Fenway, does it make a noise?

Why is taking banned substances such a big deal to some here? If it is one should then give back the 2002 World Series trophy...

Yeah, he probably took banned substances at one point. Yawn...

Because it's cheating and it distorts the numbers. It also sets a bad example for kids since some of the chemicals these players put into their bodies can be harmful.

But hey some Angels may have taken them so it's all good.

So you never cheated in your life?

Exactly, the self-righteousness on this issue is interesting.

If steroids helped you make a few million more dollars were they worth the risk under the previous CBA? To state that you wouldn't consider taking banned substances if it meant getting your shot in The Show or one extra contract for millions of dollars would you actually say no?

Be honest now...

Exactly, the self-righteousness on this issue is interesting.

If steroids helped you make a few million more dollars were they worth the risk under the previous CBA? To state that you wouldn't consider taking banned substances if it meant getting your shot in The Show or one extra contract for millions of dollars would you actually say no?

Be honest now...

I'm not taking any moral high ground. I've cheated before. Who hasn't?

I just don't want the numbers distorted or kids hurting themselves.

Edited by Lawrence

The Angels fan butthurt is palpable in this thread. The Red Sox are in the World Series. Get over it.

Nah you guys are missing my point. I know PEDs are there and guys cheat the system. I'm not butthurt about the Red Sox in the WS.

What I'm asking is why is Ortiz treated differently than other users/suspected users.

I just find it hypocritical that Sox fans can be offended by Arod or Peralta playing when they supported Manny and support Ortiz.

Edited by Sciosciapath

Nah you guys are missing my point. I know PEDs are there and guys cheat the system. I'm not butthurt about the Red Sox in the WS.

What I'm asking is why is Ortiz treated differently than other users/suspected users.

I just find it hypocritical that Sox fans can be offended by Arod or Peralta playing when they supported Manny and support Ortiz.

It's actually really simple. It has nothing to do with MLB "liking" Boston or the Sox. The reason that it SEEMS like MLB likes Boston and the Red Sox is one thing and one thing only: $$$. Red Sox fans spend it, they're everywhere, and they watch. Of COURSE MLB would prefer the Red Sox over the Tigers because there are no Tiger fans outside of Detroit (I don't know why they haven't left that bankrupt cesspool of a town), and MLB (and Fox) know that Red Sox (or Yankees) means ratings.

However, the reason why Ortiz is treated differently is because he is much more gregarious, and is always around for interviews. Clemens always made it seem like speaking with the press was a chore, Bonds was, at best, surly toward them, and Palmeiro's finger wag when testifying (and perjuring himself) before Congress was akin to flipping all of baseball the bird, and The Purple-Lipped Centaur is, well, the Purple-Lipped Centaur.

There is definitely an east coast bias in sports. Boston is the default bias when people hate the Yankees. The dodgers used to get some of that east coast biased back in 70's when they were less than 20 years from Brooklyn. But that has faded quite a bit now that they are 50 years removed.