• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Was Lester cheating last night?

nate

I'm sure this happens constantly but doesn't get pointed out because the opponents are doing it too.

No doubt guys are trying to get an edge, but a wad of Vaseline in your glove with every HD camera in the state pointed at you is pretty blatant.

Regardless, I hope the story gets traction so everyone has to answer a bunch of awkward questions about it.

If he were going to use some foreign substance to load up the ball, in this age of tight camera angles and high definition television, he wouldn't use something that was that stark of a contrast with a black glove.

You're presuming intelligence with no evidence.

MLB responds as well as a video from MLB Tonight:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/mlb-issues-statement-regarding-speculation-of-foreign-substance-on-jon-lesters-glove?ymd=20131024&content_id=63302206&vkey=news_mlb

Lester blows it off as a booger, Manager Jon Farrel acts like it's a common, everyone on MLB tonight swears its not cheating, but as far as I'm concerned the MLB Commentators are BoSox ass kissers, so I don't believe a damn thing they say. Saying "just because nobody noticed it" during the game doesn't mean it didn't enhance his pitching. And like Eric Notti says, these umpires wouldn't have the balls to boot Lester from the game, and they ain't gonna be checking his glove next game. Just like they don't have the balls to NOT REVERSE a call in favor of the BoSox like I have never seen them do in a World Series Game ever before. Lester got away with it, and what's done is done.

Here's a quick way to solve the problem (but this of course will never happen): Where's the hell is Lesters glove? Let's all take a good look at the glove and discover exactly what's there. If he's not cheating and isn't concerned, the substance will obviously still be there. It seems like the easiest solution to kill this rumor is to look directly at the glove and figure out what that green substance is that he was obviously rubbing his fingers against, but nobody is going to be willing to do that.