• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTR- Offseason Outlook: LA Angels

I heard the Angels discussed a Trumbo and Trevor Bauer swap back in September.  If that came to fruition, you might also see the Angels deal Kendrick and Bourjos for another good SP, slot Calhoun in LF and sign someone like Morales, Konerko, Hart or Morneau for relatively cheap (1-2 years at 10 million per year) to split time between DH and 1B with Pujols. 

The money saved from not having Borujos and Trumbo in arb, not re-upping Vargas and dealing Kendrick should allow the Angels enough flexibility to sign a bullpen arm or two and still remain under the salary tax threshold.

i'd pass  on Morales, Konerko, Morneau, and Hart. Morales would cost the Angels their first round draft pick, Konerko looks done, Hart didn't play at all in 2013, and Morneau didn't have a very good year. Morales would be the only guy of that group I would sign for 1-2 years at 10 million per, but that won't happen because he'll cost a first round pick.  

I get what you are saying, and luck goes a long way in baseball....

But.... replacing the field general would have gone a lot farther than all the luck in the world..

I am all for replacing Mike, but it's not happening. Would have liked to see what a fresh attitude in the dugout could do with this team.

I heard the Angels discussed a Trumbo and Trevor Bauer swap back in September. If that came to fruition, you might also see the Angels deal Kendrick and Bourjos for another good SP, slot Calhoun in LF and sign someone like Morales, Konerko, Hart or Morneau for relatively cheap (1-2 years at 10 million per year) to split time between DH and 1B with Pujols.

The money saved from not having Borujos and Trumbo in arb, not re-upping Vargas and dealing Kendrick should allow the Angels enough flexibility to sign a bullpen arm or two and still remain under the salary tax threshold.

Bauer for Trumbo would be a horrible move for so many reasons. Arizona got rid of him just in time

The Angels had some horrid luck last year, to be fair. Not an excuse for their awful play of course but literally everything that could have gone wrong basically did. I'm shocked Trout didn't get mono or something.

A little luck can go a long way in baseball. Look at the O's and their record in 1-run games last year.

He probably did and just played through it.