• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mid-Week Shenanigan: I like the Genesis song "Follow You Follow Me"

Your ability to be strong and post raw emotion is something that never gets old to read. Its as almost as if everything you write is poetry. Be strong this weekend, be strong on Monday. Everything you write is beautiful. You can take a lazy day and turn it into a lengthy, scenic journey of words. Again, thank you for sharing everything. 

No.  She doesn't know about her mention here, nor does she know she's Date Chick.  There's a certain shorthand here that may not translate to the outside world.  I keep it pretty anonymous.  That's why there's never been a picture of her here.  I don't have any problem with telling her.  There's just no need at this point.  And frankly, I don't post much about what we do other than basic dining or coffee or hanging out.

Enjoy reading your posts DR.  Does "Date Chick" know you refer to her as such?

My thoughts and prayers will be with you this weekend. Anniversaries are the worst. Date Chick sounds like a terrific woman - and so was your wife. You have been doubly blessed - although right now it probably seems like anything but, with all the memories flooding back. I feel privileged to be part of your journey as you share it with all of us. You have a great talent for making the reader feel real emotion.

Fast approaching is October 29, my late father's birthday, and the day my mother passed away from breast cancer in 1984. There have been a lot of reminders this year especially, even the World Series. My father was a lifelong Cardinals fan.

I can identify.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Whenever I'm reading one of DR's shenanigans posts I'll play the music he mentions on YouTube as I'm following along. His writing coupled with songs allow for a very vivid journey, almost as if I'm there.

I can't imagine the pain of losing my wife to cancer but when I'm feeling low I remind myself a quote from Vanilla Sky. "Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour..."

No.  She doesn't know about her mention here, nor does she know she's Date Chick.  There's a certain shorthand here that may not translate to the outside world.  I keep it pretty anonymous.  That's why there's never been a picture of her here.  I don't have any problem with telling her.  There's just no need at this point.  And frankly, I don't post much about what we do other than basic dining or coffee or hanging out.

That's probably a good thing for now. If she ever does read these, by accident or otherwise, I'm positive she would be grinning from ear to ear, knowing just how much you respect and enjoy her in your life. Also, I'm sure there are questions many want to ask, but don't out of respect. I hope that continues as you fill us up with your ongoing shenanigans. Thanks DR.  

Edited by Jim

Whenever I'm reading one of DR's shenanigans posts I'll play the music he mentions on YouTube as I'm following along. His writing coupled with songs allow for a very vivid journey, almost as if I'm there.

I can't imagine the pain of losing my wife to cancer but when I'm feeling low I remind myself a quote from Vanilla Sky. "Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour..."

You should post that on YK's facebook wall

Thanks for posting...I bought my wife a bike for her 50th last year (a beauty of a bike for a beauty of a wife). She loves it, and I will not be able to look at that bike the same way after reading this. It does makes me hope she will be riding it for a long time to come, but that time goes very fast.

Your ability to be strong and post raw emotion is something that never gets old to read. Its as almost as if everything you write is poetry. Be strong this weekend, be strong on Monday. Everything you write is beautiful. You can take a lazy day and turn it into a lengthy, scenic journey of words. Again, thank you for sharing everything. 

What he said, above.

Also, it made me smile to hear that "Date Chick" understands what you're going through and is supportive.  Enjoy her company and assistance.