• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kendrick trade options

RenoHalo

Let's say we trade Howie.

1. Calhoun RF

2. Aybar SS

3. Trout CF

4. Pujols DH

5. Hamilton LF

6. Trumbo 1b

7. Conger C

8. Green/ Jimenez 3b

9. Lindsey 2b

That's a pretty big black hole half the season when Trumbo sucks

If we fix the pitching, trout plus decent production from pujols and hamilton and trumbo will be good enough, imo

If we fix the pitching, trout plus decent production from pujols and hamilton and trumbo will be good enough, imo

No, it really won't be enough.  Even if we fix the pitching it's still not going to be a top five staff.  We are going to need to score runs.  That lineup isn't going to score a bunch of runs.

I think they can strategically do so.  I think they can trade Aybar, Burjous and Trumbo and not really weaken the offense too much.  This should net them at least one starter and a pen arm.  That still leaves Calhoun, Trout and Hamilton in the outfield and lets the Angels maybe pick up some kind of dh off of free agency or go with JB as fourth outfielder/dh.

The only problem with that is there really is nobody to spell Pujols at 1B unless they use Green there.

No, it really won't be enough. Even if we fix the pitching it's still not going to be a top five staff. We are going to need to score runs. That lineup isn't going to score a bunch of runs.

Weren't we like 7th in runs this year, with 4 months of pegleg pujols, a non existent hamilton, howie out for a month, aybar etc?

If we were simply to have replaced blanton and hanson with league average guys, and a dependable not spectacular pen, we would have been fine.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Weren't we like 7th in runs this year, with 4 months of pegleg pujols, a non existent hamilton, howie out for a month, aybar etc?

If we were simply to have replaced blanton and hanson with league average guys, and a dependable not spectacular pen, we would have been fine.

So you are are just expecting that both players are going to be that much better this season? Also you are assuming the team would have zero significant injuries. It would be really great if that happened, but I don't know if that is the wisest path to having a winning team.  

So you are are just expecting that both players are going to be that much better this season? Also you are assuming the team would have zero significant injuries. It would be really great if that happened, but I don't know if that is the wisest path to having a winning team.

I'm not saying that at all MT. I just think the bats with normal production will be fine if we have average to above pitching (starters and pen). I obviously don't expect us to have a front end staff, but I'd we can average 4 runs a game while giving up 3 (the majority of the time), we'll be ok. Not elite, but we should at least take a WC spot.

The Angels were 6th in the AL in runs scored (you can't compare AL teams with NL teams in run scored).

6th of 15, in a pitchers park with injuries and hamilton still isn't bad.

Again, I (like everyone else) would prefer to keep the offense in tact. But if we need to move someone to improve the staff, that's what we have to do.

Personally, even if we get lucky and land tanaka, we should still move someone to get an additional mid tier arm. I would prefer to do that even if we keep vargas.

I think they can strategically do so.  I think they can trade Aybar, Burjous and Trumbo and not really weaken the offense too much.  This should net them at least one starter and a pen arm.  That still leaves Calhoun, Trout and Hamilton in the outfield and lets the Angels maybe pick up some kind of dh off of free agency or go with JB as fourth outfielder/dh.

The only problem with that is there really is nobody to spell Pujols at 1B unless they use Green there.

One starter and a pen arm for Aybar, Bourjos, and Trumbo???????

Thank God your not the GM.  Three every day starters for a starting pitcher and a bull pen arm.  Nice!

I'm not saying that at all MT. I just think the bats with normal production will be fine if we have average to above pitching (starters and pen). I obviously don't expect us to have a front end staff, but I'd we can average 4 runs a game while giving up 3 (the majority of the time), we'll be ok. Not elite, but we should at least take a WC spot.

I don't think with that bottom 6 you are going get that many runs.

One starter and a pen arm for Aybar, Bourjos, and Trumbo???????

Thank God your not the GM.  Three every day starters for a starting pitcher and a bull pen arm.  Nice!

It's always so pleasant speaking with you.  There should also be some prospects in there, but since we were speaking of the starting roster, I was just talking about that.

Calhoun can spell Pujols at first and Shuck can spell the OFers.