• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This forum....

If AFL managers and coaches are looking to advanced metrics when making their choices, it would be both surprising and refreshing.  

With a 15.19 K/9 during his time in the AFL I think he probably grabbed attention with the whiff's alone?

With a 15.19 K/9 during his time in the AFL I think he probably grabbed attention with the whiff's alone?

I would have figured they noticed the stuff producing those Ks..   When you see guys like Stefan Romero, Carson Smith and Mookie Betts making the "all star" teams it gets harder to argue the people voting are paying much attention to the actual stats.

Whatever, good to see the Angels' guys doing well.

ZB, may need some time off to rest up...  seems to be flagging pretty hard in the AFL.

I think he is tired. By far the most games he's ever played in a year. Plus, he drove back all the way from California to Illinois and didn't get much rest in between the intense postseason and these meaningless games where he's getting sporadic playing time.

Impossible to get into any kind of rhythm when you regularly sit for three or four days straight. He also sees the ball much better at night, and he's pretty much only played day games.

Overall, I'd say it's been a waste of time. I can see why Javier Baez chose not to play in the AFL this year. Keep in mind Trout also struggled quite a bit when he played in the AFL after his first long pro season. I would attribute it to fatigue. At least he made some money, but he'd have been better off resting at home.

Edited by Toby Ziegler

I think he is tired. By far the most games he's ever played in a year. Plus, he drove back all the way from California to Illinois and didn't get much rest in between the intense postseason and these meaningless games where he's getting sporadic playing time.

Impossible to get into any kind of rhythm when you regularly sit for three or four days straight. He also sees the ball much better at night, and he's pretty much only played day games.

Overall, I'd say it's been a waste of time. I can see why Javier Baez chose not to play in the AFL this year. Keep in mind Trout also struggled quite a bit when he played in the AFL after his first long pro season. I would attribute it to fatigue. At least he made some money, but he'd have been better off resting at home.

He looks tired.   Grichuk looked spent last year too.  Incredibly long grind.

That's why it's good to get accustomed to the long grind now. 

In 2014, Zach should now be more able to maintain his usual level throughout the entire season as he gets closer to MLB play.

AO, would you say his usual level is about that of Daniel Nava?  Just kidding Toby. 

Edited by Stradling