• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This forum....

Nice!

As a confidence builder I'm glad to see him putting up spectacular numbers. The clear obvious warning sign is that .476 BABIP which is clearly inflating his numbers.

But at a more normal BABIP (.300) what does he look like? I suspect it's still good, perhaps something like .280/.370/.500????

Glad to see he's making an impact though for sure. I hope this bodes well for next year. It would certainly be nice to see him blossom even if it is to eventually be traded due to the logjam on the big league roster.

It's probably a combo of different things....

1. Arizona is a more relaxed, hitter-friendly environment.

2. Small sample size.

3. Shorter season that's used almost specifically as a showcase.  C.J. realizes he's probably playing for the right to a big league spot next year or in 2015. 

4. He was able to rest up at the end of the season. 

I know lots of posters are down on him, but I've watched him enough times to know that he's a future big league 1B.  No doubt in my mind.  

As for how quiet the board is, count me among those that's glad to see that guy go.  I like his brother and his abilities as a prospect but my goodness, that guy was PMing me and letting me know that he dedicated an entire chapter in his book to me, the internet troll.  

You should have felt honored, you will regret it one day. 

Always good to see a prospect see some success no matter the multitude of factors that may be attributing to such production. I liked Cron and thought he would do well when I saw him in the Cal League. Can't comment on him since he moved along as I don't get a chance to get out to ARK for games and I don't prescribe that you can truly gauge a player. especially a prospect, by just looking at his stats.

Hopefully this is the beginning of him figuring some things out, we shall see. 

I'm not buying it. It's probably a mix of a hot streak and tired young pitchers trying out new things/fixing bad habits

Ya, it's nice that he's doing well there, but I don't think an impressive(or in this case, pretty crazy even) slash line over 34 PAs is noteworthy from anything other than a "Well, it's better that he's doing well than not doing well" perspective, especially given the unique circumstances the AFL presents

Edited by jshep

Cam Bedrosian.......what was the reasoning behind that one?  5.42 ERA in 4.2 IP's.

Well, that's a good question,  If you look at some of the numbers put up by the guys they voted as "rising stars" or whatever, it makes you question their thinking.   Anyway, they poll the managers and coaches, and those guys base their decisions on what they see tools wise and the sort.

I'm guessing the people there liked his stuff, upside.

Cam Bedrosian.......what was the reasoning behind that one?  5.42 ERA in 4.2 IP's.

Well, that's a good question,  If you look at some of the numbers put up by the guys they voted as "rising stars" or whatever, it makes you question their thinking.   Anyway, they poll the managers and coaches, and those guys base their decisions on what they see tools wise and the sort.

I'm guessing the people there liked his stuff, upside.

I believe it has more to do with his 15.19 K/9 rate and 2.83 FIP in the AFL. He had some bad luck with the long ball which inflated his ERA. Take it all with a grain of salt though as the sample size is pretty small. However in comparison to others in the AFL his regressed numbers still stand out: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/increasingly-relevant-stat-report-on-the-arizona-fall-league/

Scroll down to the AFL pitchers list.

I believe it has more to do with his 15.19 K/9 rate and 2.83 FIP in the AFL. He had some bad luck with the long ball which inflated his ERA. Take it all with a grain of salt though as the sample size is pretty small. However in comparison to others in the AFL his regressed numbers still stand out: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/increasingly-relevant-stat-report-on-the-arizona-fall-league/

Scroll down to the AFL pitchers list.

If AFL managers and coaches are looking to advanced metrics when making their choices, it would be both surprising and refreshing.