• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wacha vs Lackey game 2 WS

Troll Daddy

Rather insensitive comment. Milking it for what? To get an advantage over the Cardinals in a baseball game? The season had started already when it happened.

I'm not sure if the 7th inning of a baseball game is the most appropriate forum for them to remembering it, but regardless the attack was devastating on all accounts, and I think the city of Boston in general after something like that happens just may be a tighter knit community than some of us are used to.

Farrell removing Lackey was bullshit. Neither Breslow or Tazawa are good enough or experienced enough to drop into a mid-inning disaster like that, they'll get their asses shot off. Breslow did, Tazawa has several times. Lackey was at 95 pitches for ****'s sake, he was more equipped to get out of that jam than anyone except Koji, and bringing him in the 7th leaves you vulnerable in the 9th. If anyone on this staff has the stamina to throw more than his share of pitches, it's Lackey. I can't wait for 2020 when 80 pitches will be the magic number for starters and four plus innings from the bullpen will be the nightly norm.

Awful lot of Red Sox fans coming into today have that "aw, we'll get em tomorrow!" goober mentality. Sure as hope the team isn't thinking like that, or this thing isn't coming back to Fenway. I don't care who's coming up in the Cardinals rotation, every game from here on has to be played like an elimination game. I already know that I'm not looking forward to facing Wainwright in his house, after a shitty outing, with a defense that remembers how to field the ball again, so I'd rather that night not be a must-win situation.

Edited by Jacoby_Ellsbury

Awful lot of Red Sox fans coming into today have that "aw, we'll get em tomorrow!" goober mentality.

I've lived in New England my entire life and I have gotta say I have never met any Red Sox fan (or fan of any New England sports team) who thought like this. That's always been a laid-back, west coast thing. Every time the Sawx or Patz lose my facebook feed looks like it probably would have on 9/11.

There are people on this forum that complain about all the negativity and while there is a ton of it here, this place is a Nickelodeon forum compared to some of the Boston forums I've been on.

I've lived in New England my entire life and I have gotta say I have never met any Red Sox fan (or fan of any New England sports team) who thought like this. That's always been a laid-back, west coast thing. Every time the Sawx or Patz lose my facebook feed looks like it probably would have on 9/11.

There are people on this forum that complain about all the negativity and while there is a ton of it here, this place is a Nickelodeon forum compared to some of the Boston forums I've been on.

Usually everyone's up in arms. Maybe our fingers are on different parts of the fanbase. The fans I usually associate with, ones who would normally be beside themselves after a game like last night, are a little too laissez-faire at the moment for my liking. Little too confident about beating Joe Kelly and Lance Lynn in a ballpark the Sox have never played in (I don't think we've seen this Busch Stadium yet, I could be wrong). I wonder if the 2013 team is just teflon in their eyes for the turnaround they've pulled off this year. As a card-carrying member of the Boston doom-and-gloom brigade, it disturbs me.

Edited by Jacoby_Ellsbury

I can't believe Boston is still trying to milk that Boston strong thing from the bombing. Maybe next year the Cubs should use the Chicago fire of 1871 as a rallying point.

Well, after 10 years, Steve Bartman is STILL not able to come out in public.

People have long memories.