• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Overused words

Phrase - At this point in time.

It is terribly redundant.  At this point means the same and so does at this time.  Time is time.  It reminds me of that Yogi Berra comment when asked what time it was, "You mean now?"

I use that Yogi-ism often, I love it.  Agree with your point though.  You could even say "now" or "currently."  Some people like to go overboard and say "at this particular point in time" and I want to punch those people.  I think George Carlin mentions it in a bit. 

Phrase - At this point in time.

It is terribly redundant.  At this point means the same and so does at this time.  Time is time.  It reminds me of that Yogi Berra comment when asked what time it was, "You mean now?"

They say "at this point" on the bachelor/ette SOOOOOO MUCHHHH

When people say something like "Vernon wells has 42 million reasons not to retire" when referring to the money left on his contract, why is a reason only worth $1?

Can't he have one reason not to retire, the $42 million?

2 words-

bottom line

It's been years since I let him rape my ears, but it was a Jim Rome crutch.

I hear you on that one. Although my most recent Lumbergh-esque boss likes to say Brass Tacks way too much:

"So, Mike, pretty good work on this, except for... [laundry list of complaints] ... anyway, Brass Tacks, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday (the 16th of March in direct conflict with the Angelswin fanfest). That'd be great

Quality. When this word is used too often in a description, you can be pretty certain that the product or service being referred to has damned little of it.

One thing that drives me nuts is people using the term "on steroids" to describe something that is larger or stronger than typical.

What are your  thoughts on using "-quality" in ironic fashion?

as in:

"Unfortunately there's only one sketchy Russian company left in existence that still makes this Russian Quality product."

• 7 months later...