• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants re-sign Lincecum

Stradling

I read an article the other day that said the Giants were planning to make some big moves this offseason because they do not want to let the Dodgers dominate the division again.

They overpaid for Pence and now Lincecum.

That same article said they were very interested in Tanaka.  If they are not going to not be afraid of spending the big bucks this offseason, they will be another team we need to worry about when it comes to Tanaka.

Edited by Jim B

So, follow me here with this logic. If that is what it costs to retain your own regressing but still affective starting pitching, does that maybe open up the trade market for pitchers that are in the last year of their contracts? I am not going to scour the interweb to find a list of 2015 free agent pitchers, but could a medium market team that has someone like him look to move them for the real fear of not being able to resign them? I know that this means these would technically be rentals, but they are only rentals if you don't resign them. Garza has a free agent boner going on big time right now, sneakyflute can you confirm that?

Fan favorite it's ok to over pay

They had about zero empty seats there, even while residing in the basement. They have good reason to be loyal to their fans.

There are lots of Japanese in SF, so Tanaka might be more willing to go there over the OC..

Just sayin.

Dipoto better get it in gear quickly if he is interested in anything near "top tier".

wow already a contender for worst deal of the off season.

Seriously 17 million a year?

He produced a 1.6 WAR last year.

CJ Willson had a 3.3 WAR. Does that make him a 34 million dollar a year player?

Kershaw had a 6.5 WAR. Looks like he's worth like 70 million a year.

Edited by Poozy

So, follow me here with this logic. If that is what it costs to retain your own regressing but still affective starting pitching, does that maybe open up the trade market for pitchers that are in the last year of their contracts? I am not going to scour the interweb to find a list of 2015 free agent pitchers, but could a medium market team that has someone like him look to move them for the real fear of not being able to resign them? I know that this means these would technically be rentals, but they are only rentals if you don't resign them. Garza has a free agent boner going on big time right now, sneakyflute can you confirm that?

I think you have been seeing rentals of 1 year already.  But with the pitching being so bad in the FA market, the average are getting paid above average.  It's really messing up the market.

But then you can say that MLB is right now making money at historic levels right now.  Each team is getting $50 million a year, just from national TV and other sharing plans.  So you can say the increase in salaries is reflected in the revenues that teams are getting.  

Here is the list of FA's after the 2014 season.