• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict Pujols' and Hamilton's 2014 numbers.

Pujols has the potential to be a top 5 1st baseman in the AL still.   If he is healthy.   And there is no reason to believe he will be fully healthy in 2014.   He was supposed to have a "monster" 2013 if we believed the talk coming from the media and the team in december and january of last year.  Remember how he supposedly looked like mr. universe at stan musial's funeral?   Ya, he was the 19th-best hitting 1st baseman in baseball in 2013.    Guys like justin smoak, chris carter, and james loney were better than him.

With that said, I expect a .850 OPS with about 130 games played in 2014.   He'll be better, but he won't be anything close to elite anymore.

Hamilton will be hamilton.

Hamilton was good for the second half of the season.  His slash line from June 25 to the end of the season was .289/.347/.482/.829, which is pretty darn good for a left-handed hitter playing half his games in Anaheim.

Edited by wopphil

I can care less about the stat line. Just give me 200 rbi's/runs combined of production for each of them and the stats will be just stats.

I predict that both Pujols and Hamilton will accomplish this in 2014 if they stay healthy.

Why don't you care less then

I think Hamilton will have a better season than Pujols. Pujols is pretty much done in my opinion. I think we can expect a .260/.330/.450/.780 with 24 HR from him - truly a terrible season for a 25 million dollar 1st baseman. He's in decline, and will never get back to the player he was in the past. I doubt he even produces like he did for us in 2012. I so hope I'm wrong.

Hamilton, IMO, is in line to bounce back. I'm ballparking him at .270/.335/.510/.845 with 29 HR. That's still not worth 25 million dollars, but it's a lot better than last year, and I can live with that out of my cleanup hitter.

Overall, I'm much more concerned about Pujols. There's just something about the way he swings the bat that goes deeper than his injury. Something looks off. I don't expect him to produce anything even if he's completely healthy

I'm predicting 25, for both of them.

In millions made I mean.

But to be honest, I expect both to bounce back. Pujols is getting old, but he's still one of the smartest hitters in the game. And I think he's the type that has the ego that will push him to shut people up. Whereas some guys sign a big contract and become content, he's chasing history (he won't get there, but still is). I see no reason why he can't bounce back a la david ortiz a few years ago. Sure, we'll never see vintage pujols (maybe on the history channel), but I think he's gonna come back strong if the foot is healed (no pun intended).

As per hamilton, I think he'll be fine. Probably close to the numbers you projected, but to be fair, that would be a huge leap forward. I expect closer to 30 home runs though.

We shall see.

I'm with all you guys that see doom and gloom. That said, I think the silver lining is the fact EVERYTHING wentwrong this year (sans trout). A little luck the other way and we would have been fine.

So I'm not so much worried about the bats as much as the pitching. That said, I doubt arte sits still. I doibt he doesn't open his wallet. Hes operated at a loss before. I fully believe he goes above the tax this year to try and right the ship.

Had the bad contracts not been him, its different. But I'm sure he knows he dug this hole. I doubt he doesn't take a hit to try and pull the team out.

Your salary predictions are wrong - It's actually $23M for Pujols, and $17M for Hamilton.  I'm glad you're not paying their salaries next year, LOL.

Edited by tomsred