• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jury Duty

Good for you. Just don't ask for leniency if/when they catch you.

Hey now hes prolly got a neighbor that's moms uncle is a lawyer that has a shitload of credentials and specializes specifically in childrens jury duty cases and they talk about this stuff all the time so I don't really think its our place to question his personal experience and inherent knowledge on the issue.

The government has gotten away with not using certified mail since the pony express days.  I wouldn't test them. 

Kudos for bringing up a short lived mail service for the early development of the Western United States with the current mailing procedures of the USPS. The Pony Express wasnt a government agency either and was privately owned with some government contracts and not an exclusive government contract. 

Edited by James

Kudos for bringing up a short lived mail service for the early development of the Western United States with the current mailing procedures of the USPS. The Pony Express wasnt a government agency either and was privately owned with some government contracts and not an exclusive government contract. 

The Railway Express Agency was pretty cool too.  US Mail was carried on the back of some Amtrak trains until 2005 or so. 

so rehashing a psych thread against me is you worrying about my criminal record in case I want to look for a job where I don't generally have to disclose a misdemeanor?

I honestly don't even remember who I replied to originally.  I'm too lazy to look.  But it wasn't directed at anybody personally. 

Relax, my friend. 

although, Cali can clear his up once and for all it he simply changes his name to Cali Agents or had that as his AV since it's what I see every time I see his name.

I don't have the slightest clue what you're trying to say, however, I am forced to imagine an inebriated facial expression slamming forehead first into a keyboard split seconds after posting...

I think it used to be only from the registered voter list. Nowadays, I think they draw from the DMV list of registered drivers as well.

I think you must be correct. I am not registered to vote and my driver's license has the home address I lived at four years ago. By I supposedly received a summons for jury duty a few months ago. Must have gotten my address from vehicle registration records.

One time I got called and was sent to the Compton courthouse, where on my lunch break on the patio (big mistake to go outside for lunch), two gang members almost got into it nearby. Shouting, flashing signs at each other, the whole show. For some reason there were no sheriff's deputies to be seen, when a few moments earlier there had been several walking around.

Another occasion, two weeks after I served at the Long Beach courthouse, a summons came for Federal grand jury in L.A. Six months, one day a week.

I got out of that, of course. Since then, no summons for the past four years.

I can't imagine anyone serving on a grand jury unless they're retired or long-term unemployed.

I have heard federal grand jury duty called the "super lotto" of jury duty. It lasts up to a year, one day per week, and it is extremely difficult to get out of.