• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So I got a letter today.....

Stradling

from Arte Moreno's desk. It basically let me know that the Angels fell short of their expectations this year and that they are working with the city of Anaheim on a lease agreement that would provide much needed renovations without any tax burden. It also thanked me for the support. The only cool part is that it seems to be a real signature, but I am not positive that it is.

I figured this will give the failos something to bitch and make fun of, and the Nutswingers (raises hand) to say, "hey, thats kind of cool".

from Arte Moreno's desk. It basically let me know that the Angels fell short of their expectations this year and that they are working with the city of Anaheim on a lease agreement that would provide much needed renovations without any tax burden. It also thanked me for the support. The only cool part is that it seems to be a real signature, but I am not positive that it is.

I figured this will give the failos something to bitch and make fun of, and the Nutswingers (raises hand) to say, "hey, thats kind of cool".

Well, what you have to check for, is evenness of the signature.  Autopens have been around forever.  And you will see an even flow of a signature with an autopen.  Where an actual person signing it will have a unevenness to the pressure put on the pen.  Also, while it may say Arte Moreno, you will have to compare it to other signatures to make sure it wasn't done by a secretary.

That being said, you have a rare find where the Arturo actually admits to falling short of expectations.  I will offer you $5 for it.  Because it will cost me money to get it framed right, and I have overhead of this store.  

Well, I think it's great they send out those letters -- even if they are of the mass mailed generic type.e

I think the negotiations with the City of Anaheim should be very interesting........

The Angels and Anaheim are sort of stuck with each other so they'd best get along better the next 50 years than they have the past ten.

Like it or not, I'm sure Arte's LOS ANGELES ANGELS name change resulted in additional revenue to the team and to the City of Anaheim.

The stadium needs some real infrastructure improvement as the past 'upgrades' by Disney and since then have been mostly cosmetic in nature -- making solid improvements no doubt -- but covering over the aging infrastructure,  As for the Angels -- there's really no place for them to go -- unless it's downtown Los Angeles and I don't think that's going to fly -- the current Anaheim location is pretty good from a S. Cal demographic reach stand-point...........but for some reason there's always been difficulty lining up the investment consortium/ dollars to develop the Iron Triangle or whatever they call it.........there's been proposal after proposal......land stands empty, etc.

The Angels had a golden opportunity to win over S. Cal / Los Angeles during the horrible reign of McCourt.......many of us (yes sir, me included) predicted that the new local owners of the  Dodgers with Magic Johnson as the key public face of the ownership team -- would rebound quickly from the McCourt debacle -- and the Dodgers have done so -- so the Angels fleeting window of opportunity to 'take over LA/ S. Cal' has come and gone............now they simply have to try to field a perennial contender........something they have not done for a few years now........

I know it seems like I (and others) are always bashing on Arte, but so be it.  I do not want to hear about the good guy/bad guy, he said/she said negotiations with the city of Anaheim. 

When this team can burn hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars on unlikeable scrap heaps like Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols, don't cry to the city or to the fans about money.  Get it done, stfu, or leave for another city.

I'm pretty sure Arte signed those two players knowing they would decline so rapidly. I am guessing he was showing his commitment to winning. It didn't work, so be it. I don't think either player is unlikeable but that's just my opinion. I don't correlate performance to like ability.

Edited by Stradling

Fans go batshit insane and froth at the mouth if the wrong reliever is used in the seventh inning of a game in July.

AW, where this statement is 100% true. I guess this is what we get when we have a forum where we can post during each pitch of a 162 game season. It's great and ugly all at the same time.