• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another School Shooting

The real problem is bullying

Too bad bullying is a part of life and never really goes away even when people grow up and become adults. Some people just deal with it better than others, but I think we've all been bullied at some point or another in our lives and it's just something you learn to be that better person about. And unfortunately if you're gonna be someone who's bullying expect to be the target of something like this when somebody snaps. Not saying one action is deserved because of the other, but that's not really how this stuff works in life.

It's also pretty ridiculous that in this day and age with all we know and hear about these kinds of stories that the kid knew about and had access to his parents gun. I wasn't informed there was a gun in my parents house until I was out of high school and my dad said there was a reason for that. There is a certain responsibility when it comes to having kids and having a gun in the house, one of which is not letting them know there's a gun in the house and also making sure there's no way they can get to it even if they're looking.

Much like the video game aspect these are all just examples of poor parenting, and over and over its costing seemingly innocent people their lives.

Love me some psychology.

I am close with someone who has a masters in therapy, state licensed, and more credentials than I've ever seen for a person. Thus, very educated in the field and we talk quite a bit about stuff like this because while she is in various groups, her main day job for now is working with kids.

The idea of blaming any form of media is denial and a deflection tactic.....not to mention politicians need a scapegoat and platform. But in general, media is a nonexistent base for kids that commit these kinds of acts. If it was more prevalent than we would have more media based deaths. For instance, since someone mentioned it, Grand Theft Auto shattered sales records. If the video game was a culprit we would have quite a few deaths on our hands.....in the tens or hundreds of thousands.

There is a psychological line. Kids can see a myriad of things but still are going to know and accept what is right and wrong. Kids that commit these acts have gone over the line and it's a psychological issue that tells them this is ok, thus they rewired themselves to say this ok or even that it's not ok, but they know the ramifications and do it anyway. Any form of media isn't going to rewire a childs moral compass. It's almost always a direct thing for the kids and almost 100% is parental issues.

Seeing this woman work with children, you can see even the ones with defects can be worked with and altered to what society deems a normal state. But for these acts there are almost always a build up of issues and it begins at home with the parents.