• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It could happen

Troll Daddy

As I mentioned in a previous article, prior to the trade deadline, the idea of a S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A trade to the Dodgers wasn't that far fetched. However, it seems all but dead now that Mattingly's option vested and the Angels officially announced Mike's return for 2014 so talking about it further seems moot.

I posted this in good fun. I don't think anyone here believes this could happen including my self.

However, I believe Scioscia would make a excellent manager for the Dogs. If he were let go after this season I could see him replacing Mattingly.

I'm have never been on the fire Scioscia bandwagon. I'm one of the few happy see to him continue as manager.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Those of us who are not happy about Scioscia returning next season, and see this team as situationaly unprepared no matter what the talent level has been the past 4+ seasons, and blame much of that on Mr Turnthepage and his lousy coaching staff...

Well, we need something/anything to cling to. A single ray of hope is better than none.

@JonHeymanCBS: #dodgers fire bench coach hillman and advance scout taylor, 2 of mattingly's allies. http://t.co/WBnFTgfiDc

Mattingly might not be back with the Dodgers in 2014, but it still doesn't mean the Dodgers will trade for Scioscia.

I don't think Mattingly is anything special as a manager, but man, the Dodgers are kind of handling this strangely.

I don't think Mattingly is anything special as a manager, but man, the Dodgers are kind of handling this strangely.

I thought Kasten was one of the Braves' architects of their long run.

For someone like him, this is bizarre.

Or is Magic referring back to his time where he supposedly helped to force Westhead out as Lakers' coach?   Granted that worked out well.   But unlike Westhead, whose Lakers were first round losers the previous spring to Houston, the Raviners got to the NLCS and had the best NL record from mid-June on (62-28). 

Unless they aren't happy with the 20-20 finish to the season after the 42-8 run.

Edited by Angel Oracle

So ownership wants a new manager. Colletti doesn't.

This isn't going to end well

Ownership picked up his option to return. Mattingly isn't interested in being a lame duck manager. They also fire his bench coach whom Mattingly picked himself.

I put the odds at 50/50 for a Mattingly return.

Ownership picked up his option to return. Mattingly isn't interested in being a lame duck manager. They also fire his bench coach whom Mattingly picked himself.

I put the odds at 50/50 for a Mattingly return.

They didn't "pick up" his option as such...it vested automatically when they reached the NLCS. At least that is how I understand it.