• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blue Jays to Target Conger or Iannetta

I'll take Janssen, thank you very much.

Since 2011:  WHIP = around 1.00, ERA = under 2.50, and only 12 HRs in 171 innings pitching half of the time in a launching pad (Rogers Centre).

He's only 32 until next September, and would be coming back home.   He is all about consistency.

Santos is too up and down, and I hope we aren't snookered by a late season push from him.

Janssen, Frieri, DDLR, Burnett, Morin, Kohn, and Williams = pretty nice pen potentially.

They owe us BIGTIME for pawning off Mr. Pop-Up on us!

I agree with most of this but I do have a few problems with it. That alone won't be a big enough change to improve the bullpen imo. I still think we need to add one of Balfour/Wilson/Nathan. I also think that Jepsen and Kohn need to go. Fresh faces in the pen for a new start.

Balfour/Wilson/Nathan

Janssen

DDLR

Frieri

Burnett

Morin

Williams

Going back to an Iannetta for Buehrle trade.  

Stat Wise for Buehrle.

2013 1.35 WHIP, 4.15 ERA

Career 1.28 WHIP, 3.84 ERA

So it's pretty close between Buehrle and Vargas.

2013 1.39 WHIP, 4.02 ERA

Career 1.32 WHIP, 4.30 ERA

Also, Buehrle is a workhorse averaging 200 IP every season minus his first callup.  He's 34 vs Vargas 30.  

The big deciding factor is Buehrle is owed 2/$37 million.  Where who knows what Vargas will get in this seasons pitching void free agent market.

Also to add into the equation, Iannetta is owed 2/$10.5 million, and Vargas was paid $8.5 million last season.  

If you could get the Blue Jays to pay $20 million of the $37 million.  I think it's a great deal for the Angels.  At $15 million, it's more of a neutral change.  And anything less than $15 million, and the Blue Jays are dumping salary on us.  

Also, he would like being able to bring his pitt bulls back home with him since they're banned in Toronto. Use that as a tactic, JD!

Deal Conger -- at the end of the day he just can't cut it behind the plate.

Ianetta's OK. He will have to do for another year -- catch about 125 games......

There's got to be another catcher in the system that could step up.........not sure it's Hester.

We should get some pen depth help for Conger........don't think he'd command much more than that in return.........

I honestly wouldn't mind an Iannetta or Conger plus Kendrick trade to Jays for at least Aaron Sanchez and Delabar (I doubt this would net us Janssen).

There was discussion upstream about Delabar having only one good year, but if you look at his career, in 131 2/3 innings, his ERA is a serviceable 3.49 and his WHIP is a good 1.22. He did fade toward the end of the year, but had inflammation in his shoulder for the last month.

If we could get Sanchez AND Janssen, that would be great. I just don't see it happening.

As far as getting another catcher, forget McCann. McCann=draft pick.

If the Angels trade Iannetta, I think our new right-handed hitting catcher should be Dioner Navarro. This year, he hit .361/.451/.672/1.123 against lefties, and even hit .279/.333/.430/.764 against righties.

A Conger/Navarro tandem would work pretty well.