• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blue Jays to Target Conger or Iannetta

On the serious side Iannetta for Casey Janssen would be a fantastic idea. Casey has a $4 million dollar option that the Jays will pick up but they have room to move a reliever. Janssen is a closer and would be an instant, serious upgrade to our bullpen.

MLBTradeRumors wrote that the two positions the Blue Jays are looking to improve this year is C and 2B.  They suggested the Angels could trade Conger/Iannetta and Howie to the Blue Jays.

The Angels could get a nice haul for that.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/blue-jays-interested-in-iannetta-conger.html

Edited by Jim B

We don't have any depth to trade a C unless you believe Hester is a viable backup ( in which case you're nuts).

Circle there is absolutely no reason the Angels couldn't simply sign a low-budget catcher to replace Iannetta. Conger can take the lion's share (approximately 90-100 games) of the catching duties and we sign a right handed hitting catcher who can hit LHP pitching well. We don't have to settle for Hester.

Circle there is absolutely no reason the Angels couldn't simply sign a low-budget catcher to replace Iannetta. Conger can take the lion's share (approximately 90-100 games) of the catching duties and we sign a right handed hitting catcher who can hit LHP pitching well. We don't have to settle for Hester.

Well except I don't really see a FA catcher who you're likely going to get to agree to that role who I would want in a role where he's playing 60-70 games at the minimum. And then there's Conger's injury history to consider when you're talking about how much the other catcher is going to play.

I wouldn't mind having Buerhle as the number 3. That said, the Jays need pitching like the Angels do, so trading their "ace" wouldn't make any sense.

I'd do Howie and Iannetta for Steve Delabar, Marcus Stroman and John Stilson.

I wouldn't either.  But not for the $37 million he's owed the next 2 years.  If the Jays ate $20 million of that, then sending them Iannetta would make more sense.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/20/blue-jays-showing-interest-in-angels-duo

Perhaps seeing the last Angel catcher they traded for lead two different teams to the World Series has inspired them to keep an Angel manager catching reject.

Jeff Mathis has been on two different teams that have made it to the World Series?

C'mon, man. If you're going to fire the troll gun, make sure it's loaded with the proper troll bullets.

Know your baseball and don't be a numbnutz.

MLBTradeRumors wrote that the two positions the Blue Jays are looking to improve this year is C and 2B.  They suggested the Angels could trade Conger/Iannetta and Howie to the Blue Jays.

The Angels could get a nice haul for that.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/blue-jays-interested-in-iannetta-conger.html

I'd be pretty happy if we could acquire Noah Syndergaard (Edit: Forgot Noah was traded, make this Aaron Sanchez) and another pitcher whether it was Casey Janssen, as a closer, or one of their other pitching prospects such as Aaron Sanchez (unlikely), Sean Nolin, or perhaps Marcus Stroman for Howie Kendrick and Chris Iannetta. A 2 for 2 swap as long as we are getting elite-type prospects/established MLB closer, etc.

Edited by ettin

Well except I don't really see a FA catcher who you're likely going to get to agree to that role who I would want in a role where he's playing 60-70 games at the minimum. And then there's Conger's injury history to consider when you're talking about how much the other catcher is going to play.

There are a lot of low budget catchers who can hit LHP and could act as a backup? Not sure what you are referring to in particular regarding Conger's history but he is young, athletic and could play the position for 90+ games and the remainder to the backup?