• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

St Louis

Been said here already, but congrats to them. Took down a team that most talking heads (and to be fair, lots of informed people) had beating them. Got through a long season fighting off two other very good teams.

Obviously, most impressed with the way theyve not only been able to build from within, but how theyve managed to do so while always staying competitive. 4th WS appearance in a decade.....thats very impressive. And unlike most of the teams that are around this october, they arent built to 'win now'. Theyre built to win for a while, and they still have the top prospect in in the minors waiting for a shot.

Good to see Carlos Beltran finally get a shot at a ring. Pulling for him.

This isnt meant to call out our FO, just acknowledging a well run organization. Ive read a few on here say they dont want the Cards in the series, and I dont get it. Yeah, it would be cool for someone new. But theres really no one unlikeable on that team. (For now at least).

I have a feeling after going through the pirates and dogs pitching, their offense is gonna finally get it going against (likely) Boston. 

So congrats to hoops, vegas cards and any other st lou posters on here.

I picked the Cards in 7 before Ramirez got his rib fractured. That was more/less it, especially with mattingly not playing Van Slyke at all and Kemp already being down/Ethier playing on fumes.

But yes, the Cards deserve it and I know Craig is down too.

When/if the Sox win and if Craig doesn't make it to the roster next round..Red Sox in 6.

I don't know if he does get on the roster.

Not completely agreeing with you on the sox, but to be fair, they've already suprised the hell out of me this year. I just think the cards are more complete.

Figure they should be able to match up with detroit pitching wise. The difference being, they have a much better bullpen.

No fancy name hitter, but an offense that finds a way to score. A lot like Oakland (with less power). I think, like Oakland, the media and casual fans undersestimate their offense.

I picked the Cards in 7 before Ramirez got his rib fractured. That was more/less it, especially with mattingly not playing Van Slyke at all and Kemp already being down/Ethier playing on fumes.

But yes, the Cards deserve it and I know Craig is down too.

When/if the Sox win and if Craig doesn't make it to the roster next round..Red Sox in 6.

I don't know if he does get on the roster.

I hear what you're saying, but when it comes to facing adversity, the Cards are the team who gets it done. I have no doubt they will rise to the occasion yet again.   

I hope Wacha doesn't come crashing back down to earth this series.

Didn't give up an earned run in 3 of his 5 sept starts as well so he's been at it a while.  Hopefully they can get 2 more gems out of him.  Or maybe just 1 I guess if they sweep, but I don't see that happening.  

Interesting snippet I found from a post here:  http://baseballhotcorner.com/using-abstract-art-scout-michael-wacha/

"In 2013, Wacha has thrown his changeup 353 times, yielding 80 swings and misses, and just one extra-base hit."

Unfortunately all his img links seem broken so it kinda defeats the title of his post, but I still find that stat amazing.  

Edited by markb

Not completely agreeing with you on the sox, but to be fair, they've already suprised the hell out of me this year. I just think the cards are more complete.

Figure they should be able to match up with detroit pitching wise. The difference being, they have a much better bullpen.

No fancy name hitter, but an offense that finds a way to score. A lot like Oakland (with less power). I think, like Oakland, the media and casual fans undersestimate their offense.

I don't. http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/seasontype/2/split/39/sort/avg/order/true

That's just insane.

Like I said..if Craig makes the team..it's a coin flip.

I can't stand the Cardinals. I used to closely follow the Astros in the early 2000s. Biggio and Berkman were my favorite non Angels. All those years the Cardinals were constantly screwing them over (and Brad Lidge) Also, I think their fans are "sarcastically classy" Not all of them, but a good amount. 

Cory, I don't get your logic. The cards screwed over a team that had guys you kinda liked but you're ok with boston winning it even though they've screwed the team you love more often than not. Just seems confusing to me I guess. To each their own.

Things are afoot here in St. Louis.  Attended the games at Busch and got to see the Cards put a shellacking on Kershaw.  I was expecting a tight game, thinking it would be a one run game, but the entire game turned on the best AB (next to David Freese's triple in Game 6 2011) I've ever seen live.  The more pitches he fouled off, the more the crowd roared.  The entire stadium knew he was going to get a hit, but a double was the unexpected suprise.  After that battle, Kerhsaw was on fumes.  I was surprised Donny Baseball trotted him out in the 4th and he was pretty tired in the 5th and it showed.

On to Fenway.  Should be a great WS as I think the two team are pretty evenly matched, although I am a big subscriber to the theory pitching wins in October and I think the Cards starters are better (albeit not by a lot) than Boston's.

As I know everyone here is a fan of baseball, I just hope that the Cards-Sox can give fans everywhere a memorable series, but I do truly hope that it is culminated in my teams 12th WS title.

Edited by Hoops McCann