• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Jerry Dipoto: Please Study the Red Sox Bullpen

Angelsjunky

A good bullpen. What a concept.

Looking at bostons run this year, there IS hope for next season, IMO. Obviously we need some fixes. And they won't come cheap or easy.

But fingers crossed we land tanaka (and he works out). And we then flip one of our few tradeable guys for a mid rotation arm, then finish with two arms for the pen.

Couple that with a decent return from hamilton and pujols (both very reasonable), and we should be no worse than a wild card team. Yeah, that sounds weak, but its definetely not as far off as some people think.

I'm sure sux fans felt the same last year at this time.

That trade says more about the Dodgers than it does the Red Sox

Agreed.

And I hear you AJ. But I think if anyone (including boston fans) was asked last year if they expected lackey to bounce back, bucholz to find himself etc, they'd say not likely.

If they were asked if a lineup that dropped agon, and to a lesser point crawford, wouod lead mlb in runs scored after replacing them with naps, stephen drew, etc etc.

I just think last year we had a perfect storm of injuries and poor performance from hamilton. If we stay healthy, I think were back in it. (As long as we make some moces obviously).

By the way, did you get that fowar from fangraphs or bp, I know bp includes high paid coffee fetchers :P