• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Job No. 1 for new Angels hitting coach Don Baylor? Josh Hamilton

Would actually think the #1 job for Baylor will be Trout and Trumbo.  Anyone else think it odd, that he mentioned 100, 110, 120, 130 k's a season, when Trout had 136 last season?  I also still think that Hamilton and Trumbo struggling per se at the plate really is what cost Eppard his job.  Unlike some people on this board, I think the Angels think of Trumbo as a long term asset.  

Also with Baylor being in the OC.  I hope he works with Trumbo at AK's academy this offseason to get a head start on him.  

Would actually think the #1 job for Baylor will be Trout and Trumbo.  Anyone else think it odd, that he mentioned 100, 110, 120, 130 k's a season, when Trout had 136 last season?  I also still think that Hamilton and Trumbo struggling per se at the plate really is what cost Eppard his job.  Unlike some people on this board, I think the Angels think of Trumbo as a long term asset.  

Also with Baylor being in the OC.  I hope he works with Trumbo at AK's academy this offseason to get a head start on him.  

The majority of Trout's K's are looking, plus alot of those K's this year were from April & May. He lowered his K and raised his BB percentage tremendously from June on. I think he walks around 130-140 times next year and K's around 100-110 times.

Its worth saying twice.

Anyhow, Hamilton will never recover 2010 - he'll never hit .359. I think the best case scenario is that he returns to something between his 2011-12 level -- maybe .290/.340/.540 with 30 HR.

Its also worth mentioning that Hamilton seemed to have regained at least some of his swing in the 2nd half, hitting .287/.341/.460. In Sept/Oct he hit .323/.366/.484.

I hear you guys on pujols, but with his track record, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his foot.

Hamilton, and I've said before I'm no big fan of, I think will recover. Just a dumb feeling of optimism.

as far as the baylor quotes, I like the part where he said he wanted one last chance to be part of this team. Doesnt nean a whole lot, but as a fan its cool to hear some guys in the majors have respect for this org.

I may be misremembering, but I think Baylor was the hitting coach that Chipper Jones gave all his credit too. Chipper was struggling early on with his power from the left side. He said Baylor really helped him. I hope it was Baylor, but I guess I could be wrong. The good news is if it was Baylor, then there is real hope that he can help Hamilton with his power stroke.

I may be misremembering, but I think Baylor was the hitting coach that Chipper Jones gave all his credit too. Chipper was struggling early on with his power from the left side. He said Baylor really helped him. I hope it was Baylor, but I guess I could be wrong. The good news is if it was Baylor, then there is real hope that he can help Hamilton with his power stroke.

http://savannahnow.com/stories/110999/SPTchipperjones.shtml