• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Don Baylor as new hitting coach

clubMVP

I REALLY like it.

BTW, in his 19-year career, Baylor struck out more than 100x in a season ONCE. A career .342 OBP. The guy knew how to get on base, and of course, he could mash in his prime. I think he's the perfect guy to help with situational hitting.

I'm all for this move but his playing career has little to do with his coaching abilities. 

Don Baylor Fun Fact:  he was hit 267 in his career.

Even More Fun Don Baylor Fact: if you take 7 away from that HBP stat and add a decimal point in front of it, you have his career batting average.

Thank God we're fixing our offense, because having less runs scored than 20% of the other teams in baseball was our absolute downfall.

Edited by RallyMo

I'm all for this move but his playing career has little to do with his coaching abilities. 

Here we go again with absolute ignorance.  If you don't think that players take much from their coaches you need look no further than what Garret Anderson turned into under the tutelage of Rod Carew or more recently how this team hit (or didn't) under Mickey Hatcher.

Please LT... don't be obtuse.

Edited by Brian Ilten

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-don-baylor-hitting-coach-20131016,0,407970.story#axzz2hvcnvnsM

"Baylor, a member of the Angels Hall of Fame, has spent 10 years as a hitting coach with stops in Milwaukee, St. Louis, Atlanta, Colorado, Seattle, Arizona and two as a bench coach for the New York Mets."

So he was the hitting coach for six different teams in 10 years, or less than two years a pop.  I understand hitting coaches (and other coaches in general) don't have a long shelf life, but that does tweak my antenna (hey, tdawg!) a bit.  That said, I like him and I hope he works out here.

Even More Fun Don Baylor Fact: if you take 7 away from that HBP stat and add a decimal point in front of it, you have his career batting average.

Thank God we're fixing our offense, because having less runs scored than 20% of the other teams in baseball was our absolute downfall.

lol