• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Percival Hopes To Return To MLB In Coaching Role

gurn67

Percy could be a solid addition to the organization. He was very competitive and a successful closer, someone who would be respected. Personally,  I would like to see him made the MLB bullpen coach this year. I think we would see an immediate mindset change down there. Soliz could be reassigned. If Percy prefers to be a pitching coach now, give him the open 66ers position. He would be a good fit with the young guys, while getting professional coaching experience.  

If teams can have assistant hitting coaches. I don't see why they can't have assistant pitching coaches. If Weaver, Wilson, whoever, like Butcher then let them work with him. Stick Percy out in the bullpen. Let him drink his 9 cups of coffee and instill the fear of God into the relievers and dare them come in and walk somebody.

If teams can have assistant hitting coaches. I don't see why they can't have assistant pitching coaches. If Weaver, Wilson, whoever, like Butcher then let them work with him. Stick Percy out in the bullpen. Let him drink his 9 cups of coffee and instill the fear of God into the relievers and dare them come in and walk somebody.

He'd have little room to talk, he walked almost 4 per 9 in his ML career.  

Good for him, good dude.

I'd rather he grind his axe before just hopping into some major league position with no experience.

Simply throwing him on board because he was a former Angel isn't something I'd consider.

If the alternative would be to take Butcher's spot I'd consider it in a heart beat.

Good for him, good dude.

I'd rather he grind his axe before just hopping into some major league position with no experience.

Simply throwing him on board because he was a former Angel isn't something I'd consider.

Totally agree. I'm just not sure that he's a coach that can do the job. What evidence do we have that he can be successful?

I'd think he will have to work his way up like most coaches.

Is this guy a good coach though? Ya cool guy did good things as a player but what makes him qualified right now to handle a major league staff? What has he done as a coach besides lead Mo Valley High? Just wondering with other options out there

When with the angels, guys in the pen  considered Percy as an extra coach of sorts. Many said Erstad was the leader of the position players, and Percy was the leader of the pitchers.

Edited by greginpsca