• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playoff teams ERA rankings

NrM

This is where the 2013 playoff teams ranked in overall regular season ERA

AL 

Oakland A's 2nd

Detroit Tigers 3rd

Texas Rangers 4th

TBrays 5th

Bosox 6th

NL

Braves 1st

Dodgers 2nd

Pirates 3rd

Reds 4th

Cards 5th

What a shocker. The teams with the best ERAs all made the playoffs(except for the royales)

Good going Dipoto

Edited by Poozy

I know what your point is Poozy. I was giving you a hard time. We use to win a lot of games with pitching and defense, but we weren't really winning playoff series. This team needs Vargas back, another very good starter and a shut down pen. Not sure how long that will take, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Once the teams even out in October then the ones with the glaring weaknesses go down. The Tigers will lose because of their defense and bullpen. The Dodgers will lose because of their inconsistent offense.

Every team has a weakness

Boston has a weaker Starting Rotation and STL has inexperienced pitchers

Edited by tennischmp

St lou may be inexperienced, but they're a much more complete team. The starters. Check. Bullpen. Check. Offense. Check.

As stated above, the dodger offense (IMO) is bastly overhyped. The MOTO is pretty solid, but outside of that its very average. And thata with hanley and uribe having spike years.

Yes, detroit has bullpen issues. Bostons starters are its weakness.

Just my opinion, but I think of all the teams still standing, the cards are the most solid. Really no weakness (could probably use another big hitter w craig out though).

Every team has a weakness

Boston has a weaker Starting Rotation and STL has inexperienced pitchers

There's a difference between not a strong point and a true weakness. Detroit has a bad bullpen and bad defense. These will cost games. It's pretty obvious that the Red Sox are going to take and take and take to make sure they get into the pen.

The Dodgers will put bad hitters in the lineup in every game. These out giveaways will cost them games.

There's a difference between not a strong point and a true weakness. Detroit has a bad bullpen and bad defense. These will cost games. It's pretty obvious that the Red Sox are going to take and take and take to make sure they get into the pen.

The Dodgers will put bad hitters in the lineup in every game. These out giveaways will cost them games.

Well I would disagree about your assessment of Detroit's bullpen. With their pitching, having 3 really good relievers and 1 decent one should be good enough to hold off the opposition. They didn't do it tonight but they did game 1. Stuff happens.

I still think the Red Sox SP is a weakness that will cost them games. Just wait for Lackey to pitch on Tuesday.