• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greinke

Ohtaniland

How did we let him get away. Was it simply because he was too expensive or was it because his contract demands towered over Weaver's hometown discount. The signing of Hamilton over Greinke still makes no sense when pitching was supposed to be the priority.

I suspect the Angels bid $125M for Greinke. The Dodgers bid $145, and gave him an opt-out clause to boot. 

Hard to fault the Angels for not signign Greinke to that kind of money. The problem was turning around and giving that money to Josh Hamilton. We would have been better off doing nothing in the offseason and remaining comfortably under the luxury tax cutoff. 

Edited by AZMike

He was definitely bad in the 2nd half, and I wouldn't expect him to hit like he did in the 1st half, but he's already outproduced what the Angels got out of Greinke by a pretty healthy margin and has another 5 years of team control.

And unless he's terrible over those 5 years, that's pretty darn valuable.

Edited by jshep

Beltran's double should have been caught. Grienke has been really good his first season there, except for getting into the fight and missing some 6 weeks.

Should have been caught? Thats a hell of an overstatement. Watch the replay, the ball beat Ethier to the wall, he didnt just miss it. 

Should have been caught? Thats a hell of an overstatement. Watch the replay, the ball beat Ethier to the wall, he didnt just miss it. 

Eithier doesn't have the speed for center field. He couldn't even run the bases a couple of days ago. I'd imagine Bourjos and Trout make that play and it doesn't even look all that difficult for them.

I would most definitely have rather kept Greinke than Hamilton pretty much because we have an abundance of outfielders and Greinke was a pretty good pitcher.

That being said, I don't know if Greinke is worth the money and I don't think he's THAT GREAT of a pitcher, I think he was overvalued.

Again, that's not saying our team has half dozen pitchers that are better than him, I just think his success this year is greatly attributed by the consistency of the Dodgers offense and other intangibles. I don't feel like Greinke would have performed as well had he pitched with us the way we played this year.